WooHoo!! 1st soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PARTSBILL

Reaction score
So I went ahead and jumped in with what i had.

total 500 gm
60% olive oil
40%coconut oil
15.5 grams of fragrance add at trace
4 small coke spoons of mica. 3 blue 1 purple

Went to trace rather quick stirred once more and almost locked up.

i smoothed with spatula

planning on several more today as ,molds are made/used

Attachments

• soap 1.jpg
    soap 1.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 16
So I went ahead and jumped in with what i had.

total 500 gm
60% olive oil
40%coconut oil
15.5 grams of fragrance add at trace
4 small coke spoons of mica. 3 blue 1 purple

Went to trace rather quick stirred once more and almost locked up.

i smoothed with spatula

planning on several more today as ,molds are made/used

The acceleration was most likely caused by the FO. In the reviews a person mentioned that it immediately accelerated her batter and caused ricing. I don’t know what temperature you soaped at but you may want to bring it down a bit next time you make it as that can help with accelerating FOs.

The acceleration was most likely caused by the FO. In the reviews a person mentioned that it immediately accelerated her batter and caused ricing. I don’t know what temperature you soaped at but you may want to bring it down a bit next time you make it as that can help with accelerating FOs.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. The temp was about 95 F. I brought the lye/water down from 184 to 100 pdq another 20 or so should be easy.

btw....was that the best place to add FO?

Latest posts

Back