Wooden Wick Co.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cerelife

Reaction score
I was invited to join a local Artist Guild a few months ago and our first post-Covid Art Crawl is scheduled for July. I'm the only soapmaker/chandler in the group and while I'm happy with my soaps and other products; my candles are pretty plain. By plain I mean metal tins with a cute label and good scents, but nothing really special other than I do some fun scents like cornbread, ya know? So I really want to up my game candle-wise to stay in step with the quality of art in this group. I've invested in some nice aesthetically pleasing containers and wooden wicks that burn well in my blend of wax.
Now I'm looking for unique, upscale candle fragrances. When I google this, Wooden Wick Co is the first company to pop up. They're pricey, but I'm okay with that if they truly have complex, unique scents. I don't want Bath & Body Works or Yankee Candle scents. I want something more high-end, if that makes sense.
I've searched for this company on SMF and there were a few hits, some of them mentioning that the names don't always correspond to what the scents actually smell like, so I've clicked on every..single...one.. to read the description and fragrance notes! They all sound amazing, but these are the ones I'm drawn to the most. I would like to narrow this insanely long list down to 7 fragrances, so all help or insight would be most appreciated!!
Thank you so much if you've made it through this long post, and thank you again if you have any advice!!

Bergamot + Ambergris
Bluebells + Cucumber Leaf
Calabrian Lemon + Lilac Leaves
Cedarwood + Neroli Balsam
Cilantro + Dark Coconut
Cocoa Ganache + Vanilla Truffle
Dark Rose + Labdanum
Dried Florals + Incense
Driftwood + Juniper
Eau de Mer + Amber
Egyptian Linen + Lavender Buds
Gilded Rose + Spruce
Grapefruit + Mint Leaves
Heirloom Leaves + Tigergrass
Lemon Blossom + Sea Mist
Mandarin + Resins
Moss + Wet Fern
Orange Blossom + Fig
Petals + Herbs
Pink Pepper + Vetiver
Wild Orange + Cypress
Wild Vetiver + Suede

Hi there!

Thank you so much for your feedback! We sell some great quality FOs and other maker supplies that no other vendors have! And our makers love our items because of that. Plus our FOs do not smell artificial or cheap, they smell natural and have a strong HT. I helped narrow down your list to our top 7 scents. Hope this helps:
Bergamot + Ambergris
Cedarwood + Neroli Balsam
Dried Florals + Incense
Driftwood + Juniper
Egyptian Linen + Lavender Buds
Moss + Wet Fern
Wild Vetiver + Suede

You can also check out our new Fall FOs at the link below:
THE FRAGRANCES

Happy Making!

Thank you!
I've placed a couple of orders with y'all since this post and I LOVE the FOs!!
Cilantro + Dark Coconut is my current fave - please don't EVER stop making this one! Gorgeous scent with amazing cold and hot throw!!

Thank you!
I've placed a couple of orders with y'all since this post and I LOVE the FOs!!
Cilantro + Dark Coconut is my current fave - please don't EVER stop making this one! Gorgeous scent with amazing cold and hot throw!!
Did you end up ordering Moss + Wet Fern or Dark Rose + Labdanum? I'd love to hear what you thought of them!! There are so many of their fragrances I'm curious about...

Latest posts

Back