Wooden molds for Essential Depot red silicone molds

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martin

Reaction score
soapbox.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

soapbox2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

And they fit perfect...I got them with lids too. Very pleased with the quality and craftsmanship.

Last edited:
The boxes look great and the prices are not bad.

Yep. I had to custom order them. Took about a week to get 4. Mick is a very good guy and does excellent work...Oh and fast shipping too.

Last edited:
I just measured the outside of the mold 12L 4w and i did 4 1/8 height I had them made with lids.

Hi Sonja,

I've emailed Mick, but had a question for you. I realize you have to be able to get the silicone out of the wooden box, but do you think there's enough wiggle room to make the wooden mold a bit snugger? It still looks like the middle will tend to bow (just a bit) compared the ends. I was thinking of asking for a mold that was a bit shy of 4" wide. It's hard to tell from the top photo if that's just a shadow or a small gap.

I did leave a very small gap to be able to get the mold out..I have had no problems with bowing yet.

I just received my mold from designcrafts. It is well made and sturdy. Thanks for the tip, Martin.

Newbie question: What is the benefit of the wooden molds? Appearance purposes only? I am planning on ordering my first molds and will be getting the red silicone ones.

If you decide not to buy the wooden mold, be sure to keep the cardboard box that the mold comes in. You can use it to keep the silicone mold from bulging.

The wooden boxes add support to the silicone mold so the sides don't bulge when full. It also helps insulate and keep the heat in..

sooooo...

red mold $24.99 + about $5 shipping
box + shipping $45 + 8.85
total would be about $83.85!?!

You're using the price from Cosmo. The price quoted by Mick (as referenced above) is much cheaper per box.

The RED molds work absolutely fabulous! I have never been able to unmold soap the same day, but I can with these molds. I do gel and they insulate great due to the thickness. I'm currently using the cardboard boxes they came with, but it's not a perfect solution for me. We will either make boxes or order from Mick. I'm not knocking Cosmo's box at all. I have her mold and liner and it's very high quality, nice design. I think you would be very happy with her box as well (especially if you like to watch your soap while it does its thing!)

I tested Carrie's (Cosmo's) mold in the testing stage and ended up buying two of them. They are excellent quality and are my "go to" molds of choice.

However, the boxes that you had made look great too. Thanks for sharing this information. There are so few silicone mold suppliers and some are quite expensive. It's nice to have alternatives.

Back