Quantcast

Wood Bars

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

shermluge

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought cinnamon was a big no-no in CP soap? I thought it was a skin irritant. Is that not the case?
You are correct for some skin types, This is not a for sale soap but just a test. My wife, kids and other family members love the cinnamon in it. We've never had an issue, but there are probably people who are sensitive to it.

Beautiful! Is there a tutorial for this technique somewhere?
Yes, I've seen a couple on Youtube. Its basically in the pot then how you pour with mold tipped. Evenly going back and forth (except when you want to create a knot).

dixiedragon

Reaction score
I thought cinnamon was a big no-no in CP soap? I thought it was a skin irritant. Is that not the case?
It can be for some people, but IMO that's no reason to never use it. I make sure to label all of my soap that contains spices clearly on the front. Like Christmas Spice - contains ground cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg. Something like that. My aunt has very sensitive skin and yet 0 problem with spice soaps.

Victoriaaa

Reaction score
It can be for some people, but IMO that's no reason to never use it. I make sure to label all of my soap that contains spices clearly on the front. Like Christmas Spice - contains ground cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg. Something like that. My aunt has very sensitive skin and yet 0 problem with spice soaps.
Wow, it's so interesting how everyone's skin reacts differently!