Won't be sending out Camel Samples!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Camel milk is not cheap. $20 for 1 pint raw milk. It can be purchased for less per pint with a min of 6 bottles, but I did not want to invest that much until I see how it goes over. It will make me two batches, not using full milk. With a gross of $98 per batch it is still feasible to use.

Did you taste the milk? I'm curious if its gamey like goat milk is. Hopefully the soap will sell well for you, I know I would by a bar just because of the milk.
Thanks, not being a milk drinker it is hard for me to taste it. In other word, nope not yet. My 2 yr old granddaughter loves goat's milk

I would probably charge $20 a pint too if I had to milk a camel. Can you imagine what a kick they could give you?
;-) Good Point

I would probably charge $20 a pint too if I had to milk a camel. Can you imagine what a kick they could give you?

They are nasty, grouchy, unpleasant creatures, too. I have ridden them a couple of times (not long journeys, just touristy things sometimes when travelling) and I can't imagine having to milk them. They have a mouthful of big yellow teeth :)

Carolyn, that is a pretty hefty cost per batch. I assume those bars are going to be hoarded/treasured!

Last edited:
So what is it about camel milk that is so coveted for soap?

LOL, I am thinking Label Appeal. I really do not expect any thing great with it. I thought about it a couple yrs ago but could not find any locally. Then the post about additives stirred up the desire to use it. Always looking to make something someone else does not have in my market!

LOL, I am thinking Label Appeal. I really do not expect any thing great with it. I thought about it a couple yrs ago but could not find any locally. Then the post about additives stirred up the desire to use it. Always looking to make something someone else does not have in my market!
Yeah but at that price what would you have to charge per bar to make it profitable??

I rode one once, not_ally! Tall things, they are! Have a picture of my daughter and I on the thing.

I can definitely see camel's milk soap as a novelty. I am one of those people that freeze and ice bath and lye stir 1/2 a tsp lye into their milks at a time already. I would probably take this to where I work, suit up in a spacesuit, stand in the freezer and mix it in there, for that cost. Haha.

Did you taste the milk? I'm curious if its gamey like goat milk is. Hopefully the soap will sell well for you, I know I would by a bar just because of the milk.
Just tasted the milk and I can say there is no gamey taste to it. It seems to be sweeter than cow's milk. But as mentioned I am not a milk drinker so no milk taste great to me other than on cereal. Yes I could use it on cereal but not for the price :razz: I prefer coconut milk and nut milks on my cereal. My mom told me when she took away my bottle I no longer drank milk

Latest posts

Back