Wonderful pine tar soaps!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i agree With goji_fries..some people tend to make things overcomplicated.. i always start with a plan to make a very very simple batch each time,but then i experiment to learn new things..but without using much brains..now thats very shameful to ask - is sodium lactate and lactic acid the same? Because i added sodium lactate half teaspoon to make a harder bar, and i said lactic acid,because i thought they are the same..i think i should add more coconut oil and less superfat in the next batch..and yes, i made my own pine tar..but not a single bubble? :confused: i have made 8 batches till date,but this one is horrible.. only looks like soap but not behaving like a soap..was my recipe and calculation that bad?:mad:

"...is sodium lactate and lactic acid the same?..."

They are not at all the same. If you used sodium lactate, then my point is not valid. Sodium lactate is the salt created by neutralizing lactic acid with sodium hydroxide.

Sorry, I'm late to the party. Is pine tar added at trace like colorants and eo? In what ratio to lbs of soap do you add it?

you include it in your lye calculation (there is an option for pine tar on soapcalc). i usually do 10% and soap RT. be prepared for fast trace and ditch your sb.

i also agree with DeeAnna, keep it simple. i chose not to add this and that additives, and keep the soap as basic as possible.

Latest posts

Back