Wonderful 1lb lemongrass batch

Soapmaking Forum - Soap & Candle Forums

Help Support Soapmaking Forum - Soap & Candle Forums:

Soapmaker Man

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2007
Messages
3,006
Reaction score
95
Location
SW Missouri
Great job Ian.
medium-smiley-081.gif
Congratulations! Lets see that 15" log mold in use, too.
 

IanT

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2008
Messages
4,699
Reaction score
71
Soapmaker Man said:
Great job Ian.
medium-smiley-081.gif
Congratulations! Lets see that 15" log mold in use, too.


lol thats next... was going to tonight but my girl surprised me with dinner mmmmm
 

RoseMarie

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
86
Reaction score
1
Oh yummy I love the smell of lemongrass to! AND mints and citrus.
They look awesome and I to love the green!
 

IanT

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2008
Messages
4,699
Reaction score
71
RoseMarie said:
Oh yummy I love the smell of lemongrass to! AND mints and citrus.
They look awesome and I to love the green!

:D thank youuuu! :)
 

apurwa

Active Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2010
Messages
40
Reaction score
0
Location
India
Hi All

since the FO used here is lemongrass..can anyone tell me how much lemongrass FO is to be added to one bar of soap? i tried making a batch with this FO and the scent is very weak. almost unnoticeable. i think i added very little. i added some 20 drops to a batch of 4 soap bars.
can any one help me with the right amount to add?

Thanks,
Apurwa.
 

IanT

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2008
Messages
4,699
Reaction score
71
apurwa said:
Hi All

since the FO used here is lemongrass..can anyone tell me how much lemongrass FO is to be added to one bar of soap? i tried making a batch with this FO and the scent is very weak. almost unnoticeable. i think i added very little. i added some 20 drops to a batch of 4 soap bars.
can any one help me with the right amount to add?

Thanks,
Apurwa.

I didnt use an FO in this batch, I used lemongrass EO... I just dont like FO's... just my opinion!.... However, I added .4 oz of fragrance to this batch, and its definitely nice and noticeable, I wouldnt want to put too much more in it... so it yielded 6 bars, which means there is (roughly) .06oz of EO per bar, I would say there is really more like .05 oz of EO because as stated above, some of the bars are cut a little larger than
others..

@ Love---- **** right!!!! ;) ;) ;)

Thank you all for checking it out!!! More wonderful soapies are on the way!! :)
 

Latest posts

Top