Wonderful 1lb lemongrass batch

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IanT

Freemason, Maker, Father, Mover & Shaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was an awesome recipe a friend gave me which included Olive Oil, Lard, Coconut oil, and Castor.... some lemongrass EO, Green Pop mica (1/4tsp)....(never used THAT before....but had some laying around beggin me to be put to use.... coool), some lemon balm powder (1/2tsp) and last but not least... the wonderfully aromatic lemongrass essential oil (.4oz)

It traced thick like pudding, and smelled so delic. I wanted to eat it in my pot... mmmmmmm cant wait to test it out :)

Oils a warmin'.....
Imga1158.jpg

lye a heatin'
Imga1159.jpg

additives a waaaaaaaitin'
Imga1160.jpg

soap a stiiiirrin'
Imga1161.jpg

soap a stirrrin' with colooooor :)
Imga1162.jpg

mmmmm you trace so nice...like pudding
Imga1163.jpg

in the moooold
Imga1164.jpg

close up of it in the moooold
Imga1165.jpg

gel stage initiated...
Imga1166.jpg

gel stage initiated take 2...
Imga1167.jpg

This has been a public broadcast announcement by IanT

Thank you for tunin' in.... Goodnight :)

EDIT.... CUT!!! :

IMGA1168.JPG

IMGA1169.JPG

IMGA1170.JPG

IMGA1171.JPG

IMGA1172.JPG

IMGA1173.JPG

IMGA1174.JPG

Nice soap! I can't wait to see it cut! And your little prescooped powders look so organized...nice belly button, by the way :wink:

Bukawww said:
Nice soap! I can't wait to see it cut! And your little prescooped powders look so organized...nice belly button, by the way :wink:

lol! I just noticed that!!! lol yeaaah.... had to take off my nasty soaping shirt smeared with everything lol.. I learned my lesson to wear a shirt while soaping a long time ago lol... soap in the belly button= not happy Ian...

I cant wait to see it cut toooo!!!

I am like a kid on christmas eve every time i make soap lol... I go to the mold and poke and prod and shake and peek and ponder and wait, and recheck... lol...

yeaaaah lol I blame Emeril for that one... he started me on the awesome little white dishes with all of my cooking ingredients when i used to watch his show (back when he was cool lol) when I was like 12... so now whenever I cook or soap, ingredients get lined up in lil dishes like that... makes it easier to remember, harder to forget... plus ... I can say BAM! whenever I add something new ....

hows that for kickin it up a notch!
lol

;)

Thanks for checking it out! :)

digit said:
Green......my fav color!!!!
girl_in_love.gif
Excellent job!!!
viannen_47.gif

:* Looooove youuuu! :)

I love green too~!

and blue!! ( I was half tempted to add the yellow AND green pop's to see if theyd make blue but it was my first time with this recipe so I didnt want to get too technical :) )

I kept it in the soap pot as long as possible just to see how thick I could get it to trace, its the thickest tracing batch I have worked with thus far (prob cause of the lard)

I also did a water discount at 15% with a 5% superfat

well I'm excited! can't wait to see it cut!
love the little textured top :p it's like ocean waves!

Love the soap, love the green and love the belly button too ;)

If you like/love the smell of Lemongrass you should try Litsea Cubeba EO too sometime. Gorgeous "lemonny" aroma and very economical to use. All my aroma testers/sniffers go "mmmmmmmmmmmmm" and go dreamy eyed, which I take to be a good sign :)

:) thanks for checking it out! :)

Yeah it was the first batch that was thick enough to allow me to do the textured tops, previously i mostly was making cas/bastille's

NICE Ian! The top really looks like the ocean - and same color as the ocean here in New Jersey! LOL!!! So pretty and the color really is great ... I love green. I reach for green all the time - have to stop myelf to choose another color... :D

What a nice way to line everything up for a presentation like this. Very Pro! I remember Emiril's "BAM!" haha....

I usually leave mine yellow, but that is a really pretty yellowy green, like the lemongrass stems they sell in our grocery stores. Will be back to see it cut!

Cut pics are up!! :) loooove itttt :)

EDIT... yielded 6 4oz +/- bars ( some were a little less, I like getting 6 bars out of this mold so theyre different sizes lol, been longing to make myself a nice wire soap cutter...but havent got the space to store anything more in this apt... lucky my girl even lets me keep soap and lye in the house.. lol)

MagiaDellaLuna said:
Love the soap, love the green and love the belly button too ;)

If you like/love the smell of Lemongrass you should try Litsea Cubeba EO too sometime. Gorgeous "lemonny" aroma and very economical to use. All my aroma testers/sniffers go "mmmmmmmmmmmmm" and go dreamy eyed, which I take to be a good sign :)

yeahh... its on my list of EO's to try... :) ... among ylang ylang, and a few others... mmmm I looooove lemon... like I could seriously eat this soap it smells so good... put it in the freezer... maybe I wouldnt know the diff between that and lemon Italian-ice... lol

loveit_latherit said:
NICE Ian! The top really looks like the ocean - and same color as the ocean here in New Jersey! LOL!!! So pretty and the color really is great ... I love green. I reach for green all the time - have to stop myelf to choose another color... :D

lol yeaaaah Im from NY so I know what you are talking bout!! :)

the ocean up there is blue/green in the summer, green in the winter, and can sometimes be gray on those cold and cloudy days (which consequently was also when I d suit up in my 5mil wetsuit, booties, gloves and hoodie and surf uncrowded EPIC waves on the point of Montauk, Long Island (home town :) ) ... though the water was about 38 degrees F, air temp could be anywhere from 28 with windchill to 40 with windchill... on a GOOD day lol....REP MTK ALL THE WAAAAAAY

;)

woo hoo! they look awesome! did you have to insulate your mold at all? I am just getting into loaf molds and I'm planning to build a 1-lb mold and wonder if it would need a cover or would need to be insulated.

tasha said:
woo hoo! they look awesome! did you have to insulate your mold at all? I am just getting into loaf molds and I'm planning to build a 1-lb mold and wonder if it would need a cover or would need to be insulated.

I didnt insulate it at all, just used a lid :)

I think I might have to brew another batch up today in my bigger mold muahahahhaaha

Hi Ian:

I love seeing the before, during and after shots. Lemongrass is a favourite scent of mine also. It wafts through the house and leaves it's scent print everywhere.

I am going to try the thick batter soon, I have peak envy.

Nice to see your great soap.

Regards,

April

:)

Thank you allllll :) I snuck a lil ball of it I got from cleaning my utensils used to cut it... lathers wonderfully even at this early stage, I cant imagine a few months down the line!

Latest posts

Back