Womens Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've seen people talking a lot about a specially formulated "lady soap" for staying fresh in the lady part area. This is something I'd like to try and formulate, because there seems to be a big market for it; but I need to know the ingredient that makes it right for this purpose. I think it's apple cider vinegar, but I wasn't sure if baking soda played a part or not. Does anyone know? Thanks!
Katie

You wouldn't want an alkaline soap or one high on the 7+ side. That's why apple cider vinegar is the right side of the pH scale.

I agree, no soap just water and definitely no vinegar or baking soda :crazy:.

I use alum and little bit camphor diluted in water to clean that part..it is anti septic,quick to prepare and safe..sometimes use neem water or dettol mixed in water.. Not sure bout vinegar or soda.

I had a similar incident with branded 'mint source' shower gel. It smells beautiful but boy did my eyes water. Never making that mistake again!

No soap, vinegar, baking soda, or any other products on my lady bits. Just water. Anything else disturbs the natural balance and makes one prone to yeast or bacterial infections.

If you ask your doctor, (s)he will tell you the same thing. No soaps, douches, etc.

Cupcake soaps? I'll just leave now..................

I have also had an experience of "The Minty Shower Gel" and the nether regions - never again.

I agree that a soap isn't going to work at all for the ladies. Might be worth looking in more detail at some of the Tonics mentioned above.

Last edited by a moderator:
I always warn people when they ask about my peppermint soap - It tingles in lady bits! This may be TMI, but I have found that if I feel that just plain water won't cut it (after yoga or the gym), a couple drops of lavender or tea tree EO on a wet washcloth does the job very nicely. I'm diabetic because of a pancreas removal and am susceptible to yeast infections, so I stay away from soaps and washes in that area. Some folks are against EOs down there, but I've been doing this for years and it's worked for me.
But, there are many, many women who wouldn't dream of NOT washing and sanitizing the "downtown".

I use my own soap everywhere. Never had a problem.

me too.

just had a quick look on the ingredients list of a particular brand of feminine wash:

Aqua,Sodium Laureth Sulfate ,Sodium Chloride ,Cocamidopropyl Betaine ,Triethyl Citrate ,Lactic Acid ,Parfum ,Polyquaternium-39 ,Sodium Hydroxide ,Sodium Lactate ,Glycerin ,Dichlorobenzyl Alcohol ,Sodium Carbonate ,2-Bromo-2-Nitropropane-1,3-Diol ,Maltodextrin ,Methylparaben ,Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract ,Calendula Officinalis Extract ,Propylparaben ,Limonene ,Linalool ,CI 15510 ,CI 14720

if one wants it in solid form, a syndet (soap free) bar might be the answer.

Last edited:
Not quite sure how to word this, hope it comes out ok and isn't too descriptive:Kitten Love:. For those who say they don't use soap, only water, are you talking about the general crotch area ? When talking about cleaning lady bits, I mean the groin/crotch area. Really no reason to clean any deeper then that.

Several brands of commercial douches contain vinegar OR baking soda for internal cleansing. The company Melaleuca offers a douche solution containing tea tree oil.

Some choose to wash VERY thoroughly, and some take a more . . . hands off approach. No pun intended. I think a lot has to do with your personal chemistry, culture, etc. Some of us want to remove or mask ANY form of body odor -- mouth, pits, or parts -- and some don't.

If you are going to use soap thoroughly, in all your cracks and crevices, pits and parts, hither and yon, a gentle, UNSCENTED soap is your best bet. It's often the scents and detergents that get people in trouble.

Yes, peppermint, cinnamon, eucalyptus, tea tree, and clove will leave you tingly. I have a friend who was kitchen manager at a Mexican restaurant for years. He was always nagging about using gloves when handling chile peppers. He regularly sent home prep cooks (mostly male) who ignored him, took a break to use the WC, and had to leave shortly thereafter to go home and wash chile oil off their bits. :silent: Lesson learned.

Girls are fancy on the inside, boys are fancy on the outside. Both need to be clean. But too much of anything can be a bad thing.

:)
~Honey Lady~

Not quite sure how to word this, hope it comes out ok and isn't too descriptive:Kitten Love:. For those who say they don't use soap, only water, are you talking about the general crotch area ? When talking about cleaning lady bits, I mean the groin/crotch area. Really no reason to clean any deeper then that.

^exactly this.

And, while you are free to choose to cleanse in whatever method you choose, I choose to follow my doctor's instructions. It does work out best for me this time.

Don't remember which soap group posted this, but I guess this is for your lady parts. ImageUploadedBySoap Making1400368604.922666.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back