Witch hazel

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

regansoap

Reaction score
Hi everybody could anybody tell me what witch hazel brings to the game - is it just to moisten your bath bombs so you can mould them better - I only ask this because I am a novice bath bomb maker I made some this afternoon tried to be clever and mixed everything with just coconut oil and fo for my liquid they turned out of the mould ok but then started to develop what I can only describe as bubbles or round eruptions _ I considered spraying them the said witch hazel but decided not to - you can rub the bubbles it's ok it just looks like there is moisture trapped and causing small areas to begin to fizz a bit - sorry this is the longest post I have ever posted so apologies - I'm Just curious .

Generally if they start getting eruptions they are too wet. Witchhazel is great as a toner on skin but also evaporates relatively quickly. You don't need to use it, some just use oils and butter. It varies from recipe to recipe.

But warting is usually due to too much humidity and too much moisture. At least from my experience. I'm not a pro at them at all.

I've gotten warting from not mixing my dry ingredients well enough on a rainy day (thought I could do without a strainer to really sift everything and made them when it was pouring outside - lesson learned).

Snappyllama hello - made more bathbombs used no water at all same thing warts sprinkled them with cornflower in the hope it would absorb any moisture seemed to help and looked pretty like snow or icing sugar just thought I would mention.

Snappyllama hello - made more bathbombs used no water at all same thing warts sprinkled them with cornflower in the hope it would absorb any moisture seemed to help and looked pretty like snow or icing sugar just thought I would mention.

Thanks for the tip!

Latest posts

Back