witch hazel in CP Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mare61

Reaction score
Has anybody used witch hazel as a liquid in CP soap yet. How does it behave when the lye is added.

Thanks

Don't add lye and witch hazel together it will volcano. When I use witch hazel in my salt bars I add the WH at trace or medium. You can discount the amount of witch hazel you want to add from the lye solution liquid and it will be fine. I've used it very successfully in my salt bars.

Adding this to my list of ingredients to try in my soaps as well. I use witch hazel in homemade facial toner, but never thought to try in soap. Thanks for the idea. :)

I never thought to use it in soap either. Would the benefits of witch hazel hold up to the lye?

Digit

Well...I've had folks who use the salt bars without them say they definitely see the difference. Which leads me to believe. I may be wrong but I think it blends the salts in my batch better. Just my opinion.

anhoki said:
Well...I've had folks who use the salt bars without them say they definitely see the difference.

The customer is always right :lol: :lol: . If they notice, then it does something. I will note it on my list to try. Thanks!!

Digit

digit said:
anhoki said:
Well...I've had folks who use the salt bars without them say they definitely see the difference.

The customer is always right :lol: :lol: . If they notice, then it does something. I will note it on my list to try. Thanks!!

Digit

Ditto for me! Jeepers guys.....my list is just getting too long! You all have far too many great ideas. :D Darn, looks like I'll be soaping for a very, very long time. :lol:

cdwinsby said:
Jeepers guys.....my list is just getting too long! You all have far too many great ideas. :D Darn, looks like I'll be soaping for a very, very long time. :lol:

:lol: :lol: I have more "projects" planned than life left to complete them all. One thing is for certain, I will always be clean no matter what. Got soap!!!

Digit

I never thought of using witch hazel either. But I will now, Thanks I'll have to give it a try.

The trick to it is adding after a nice trace. Unless you are doing a swirl and then...well...I like witch hazel.

anhoki said:
Unless you are doing a swirl and then...well...I like witch hazel.

......yes? I am hanging on the edge of my seat.............. :lol: :lol:

Digit

I have salts. I have witch hazel. I have supplies. I can do a salt bar tonight and let you guys see what I do with it.

anhoki said:
I have salts. I have witch hazel. I have supplies. I can do a salt bar tonight and let you guys see what I do with it.

Blink......blink.........blink, I am a looking.....but no can see. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Digit

I didn't forget. I haven't had time to do so. School starts Thursday with the first full day on Monday. :roll: Let me get through that and I'll do it. I might even try to do it tomorrow. Dammit Jim....I'm only one woman!! :lol:

Back