Quantcast

witch hazel in CP Soap

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

mare61

Reaction score
Has anybody used witch hazel as a liquid in CP soap yet. How does it behave when the lye is added.

Thanks

ilovedoxies

Reaction score
Interesting question, I don't know the answer myself but am looking forward to hearing more about it.

anhoki

Reaction score
Don't add lye and witch hazel together it will volcano. When I use witch hazel in my salt bars I add the WH at trace or medium. You can discount the amount of witch hazel you want to add from the lye solution liquid and it will be fine. I've used it very successfully in my salt bars.

anhoki

Reaction score
When I do it I use 1 oz witch hazel per pound of oils.

:)

georgiastray

Reaction score
Adding this to my list of ingredients to try in my soaps as well. I use witch hazel in homemade facial toner, but never thought to try in soap. Thanks for the idea. :)

digit

Reaction score
I never thought to use it in soap either. Would the benefits of witch hazel hold up to the lye?

Digit

anhoki

Reaction score
Well...I've had folks who use the salt bars without them say they definitely see the difference. Which leads me to believe. I may be wrong but I think it blends the salts in my batch better. Just my opinion.

digit

Reaction score
anhoki said:
Well...I've had folks who use the salt bars without them say they definitely see the difference.
The customer is always right :lol: :lol: . If they notice, then it does something. I will note it on my list to try. Thanks!!

Digit

cdwinsby

Reaction score
digit said:
anhoki said:
Well...I've had folks who use the salt bars without them say they definitely see the difference.
The customer is always right :lol: :lol: . If they notice, then it does something. I will note it on my list to try. Thanks!!

Digit
Ditto for me! Jeepers guys.....my list is just getting too long! You all have far too many great ideas. :D Darn, looks like I'll be soaping for a very, very long time. :lol:

digit

Reaction score
cdwinsby said:
Jeepers guys.....my list is just getting too long! You all have far too many great ideas. :D Darn, looks like I'll be soaping for a very, very long time. :lol:
:lol: :lol: I have more "projects" planned than life left to complete them all. One thing is for certain, I will always be clean no matter what. Got soap!!!

Digit

doolittle

Reaction score
I never thought of using witch hazel either. But I will now, Thanks I'll have to give it a try.

anhoki

Reaction score
The trick to it is adding after a nice trace. Unless you are doing a swirl and then...well...I like witch hazel.

digit

Reaction score
anhoki said:
Unless you are doing a swirl and then...well...I like witch hazel.
......yes? I am hanging on the edge of my seat.............. :lol: :lol:

Digit

IanT

Reaction score
I want to see the finished product!

anhoki

Reaction score
I have salts. I have witch hazel. I have supplies. I can do a salt bar tonight and let you guys see what I do with it.

digit

Reaction score
anhoki said:
I have salts. I have witch hazel. I have supplies. I can do a salt bar tonight and let you guys see what I do with it.
Blink......blink.........blink, I am a looking.....but no can see. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Digit

anhoki

Reaction score
I didn't forget. I haven't had time to do so. School starts Thursday with the first full day on Monday. :roll: Let me get through that and I'll do it. I might even try to do it tomorrow. Dammit Jim....I'm only one woman!! :lol:

Latest posts