Wisteria

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually brings a tear to my eye. My mom had wisteria growing outside her bedroom windows for as long as I can remember. My dad finally build a trellis for it to climb on and eventually it went up the side of the house, over the pathway and down the other side on the fence. She had honeysuckle growing on the other wall outside their other windows.

I will always remember the wonderful smell of those flowers each Spring and Summer that are forever a part of my mom. Her wisteria, going on 30 years old, died a few months after her death as well as her butterfly bush, 15+ years old. My dad said they just never came back after winter.

I was lucky enough to get seed pods off of the wisteria while I was there for 2 weeks after her death and I plan to sow them outside mine and my husband's new bedroom windows now that the basement master suite is done. I'm going to get the help of a friend who has her own side business of selling plants, herbs, soaps and creams all started in her greenhouse.

I'm bookmarking these photos, they are just so gorgeous.

In my part of the country wisteria grows wild and will take over everything in its path. I wanted to plant some, but my place is so small i was afraid to.

The photos you posted are divine.

Back