Wish me Luck...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am heading out in a little while to find placement for my Step-dad and my mom is furious, she needs to go with him and be there for him but she will not. My sis and I have both told her he needs more care than one person can do in a 24 hr period. Facilities have at least 3 shifts for this.

Admittedly last time I visited him in the facility he was sent to for the treatment of his blood infection he was mentally quite clear and it was hard not to bring him home. But he is not doing good walking and he is frankly to hard to handle, since he gets combative and will not do what we try to tell him. It is sad I have only taken my mom once to see him and he became very agitated, since she mention when he get home she has some jobs for him to do. Mom is a Peach...:(

Awww I can't even begin to imagine how to deal with something like this.

Sending you good vibes and happy thoughts... Chin up and try to be strong, for both parents, and remember it always gets bad before it gets much better :)

HUUUUUGS!

Good luck my dear! It is hard making these decisions and I applaud you for having the strength to do it. I will be praying that your mom finds a way to accept that this is really the best thing for everyone.

Oh Carolyn, I'm sorry its come to this and mom is being such a bear. I can imagine its very difficult for her, it really is too bad she won't be more cooperative for his sake though.
As hard as it is, you are absolutely doing the right thing. One thing I wonder, if your mom ever needs to go into a facility, would she be able to be with step dad?

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having to go through this hardship.. sending healing thoughts for you and your family...

So sorry... we just went through this with my FIL, and one of my best friends is going through this with her husband, as well. Agonizing. Bravo to you for not waiting till things got desperate before finding a place where they can provide this care. It is so hard to think objectively enough to make that tough decision before things get really out of hand. My friend did that, and was shocked to learn that she had to wait for weeks before a spot opened up at a decent place (the awful places always have room, but there was no way she'd put him in one of those). Anyway, my prayer is that everyone will take this well, that he will land in a spot where he is loved and treated kindly, and that all of you can have some peace as you continue to care for him. Love often means making hard decisions, so bless you for loving him well!!

I just saw this and want to say I’m sorry you have to go through this. I remember how difficult it was, but at least I didn’t have to deal with combativeness. This has been a long time coming for you, and there comes a point where you can no longer be the care provider. You’ve done well, Carolyn. All that you could.

She will be hateful, they always do. It is hard for them too but she will come around. Just smile and know that this IS the Best thing for all.

more Hugs :)

Back