Wish me luck - first stab at Body Butter

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoapDaddy70

Reaction score
I bought like 7lbs of Cocoa Butter from Baraka and still have so much of it laying around that I think I am going to take a stab at making a body butter. Going to make this recipe because it seems simple enough and does not have a ton of ingredients. I purchased the other ingredients from Formulator Sample Shop. Should be interesting.
https://www.humblebeeandme.com/cocoa-coconut-emulsified-body-butter/

Wishing you good luck!
Cross Fingers.jpg

This is probably a stupid question but I am going to ask anyway. I bought these paperboard containers from WSP to put this body butter I am going to make in them. Like a dope I didn’t read the description that said ”Not recommended for products that contain water” This recipe is an emulsified body butter that is 45% water. Do you think i could put it in these containers or should i just listen to the description and not use them.
https://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/products/3-oz-black-paperboard-jar-lid-set.aspx

I wouldn't use them with your product. They will absorb the liquid and become soggy. If you want to risk it, I'd at least suggest only use one container as a test and give it at least a month sitting somewhere warm (not refrigerated and not in a cool area) to see what happens. Or better yet, put it into service in your bathroom and see what it's like after use in a daily-used bathroom (with humidity and all) and then decide. My guess is, the container will not fare well in that environment.

I wouldn't use them with your product. They will absorb the liquid and become soggy. If you want to risk it, I'd at least suggest only use one container as a test and give it at least a month sitting somewhere warm (not refrigerated and not in a cool area) to see what happens. Or better yet, put it into service in your bathroom and see what it's like after use in a daily-used bathroom (with humidity and all) and then decide. My guess is, the container will not fare well in that environment.
Yea. That’s what I figured. I will figure out another use for them and grab a different container for this body butter. Thanks!

Do you think i could put it in these containers or should i just listen to the description and not use them.
I really like those containers! But @earlene is right ... they wouldn't work for an emulsified butter. Maybe think about making the recipe suggested on that page -- Man in the Moon Lotion Bar -- or something similar made with cocoa butter & coconut oil & beeswax, but skip the water, emulsifier and preservative. ;)

Back