Wire

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SouthernEssence

Reaction score
I have made a soap cutter that cuts my 30" logs into 1" bars perfectly. The problem is that after just 3 logs my wires broke. I read online that I need medium-gauge guitar wire or 20 to 22-gauge music wire. I can't find these anywhere!

Does anyone on here have a wire soap cutter? Do you know where to get the wire?

Thanks in advance.

You local music store will have them. Ebay has lots of em. Buy the cheapest pack of 6 and use one of the skinnyest ones.

Use mandolin strings. Mandolins are tuned to a higher octave over a shorter neck. There for their strings are tougher and wound tighter than guitar strings. They are also thinner.

I make TOG Soapmaking Tools and sell a TOG 8 Wire Cutter. I can help. I can cut a set and sell them to you! You need to use only stainless steel to prevent rusting. Mine is only stainless steel and is also stronger! Does yours look anything like the one I sell;

DSCF2094.jpg

DSCF2098.jpg

Soapmaker Man said:
I make TOG Soapmaking Tools and sell a TOG 8 Wire Cutter. I can help. I can cut a set and sell them to you! You need to use only stainless steel to prevent rusting. Mine is only stainless steel and is also stronger! Does yours look anything like the one I sell;

DSCF2094.jpg

DSCF2098.jpg

The one I made is much simpler than yours. I copied it from these people. http://hawaiianbathbody.com/WholesaleHa ... ducts.html
Click on the video on the bottom right and you'll see the soap cutter about 2 minutes in.

Great Photograhpy Paul, That would beat my 24 inch SS ruler from lowes...LOL. Your TOG products are truly works of art.

Neil said:
Great Photograhpy Paul, That would beat my 24 inch SS ruler from lowes...LOL. Your TOG products are truly works of art.

Thank you Neil, I am as proud of how they look as with how they work.

Paul... :wink:

Latest posts

Back