Winter Wonderland - Nurture Soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoapDaddy70

Reaction score
Just a heads up for people about to soap with Winter Wonderland from Nurture. All reviews say no acceleration but that was not the case for me yesterday. I used a slow moving recipe with Lard and Palm that I have used numerous times. I am assuming it was because I soaped too hot for this particular fragrance. Lye was about 100 F and oils about 95 F. Testing notes on Nurture site mentioned 76 F which I do not think I have ever soaped at such a cool temp. Just wanted to warn everyone out there because it is such a popular Christmas fragrance. Either soap really cool or be prepared for slight acceleration.

Just a heads up for people about to soap with Winter Wonderland from Nurture. All reviews say no acceleration but that was not the case for me yesterday. I used a slow moving recipe with Lard and Palm that I have used numerous times. I am assuming it was because I soaped too hot for this particular fragrance. Lye was about 100 F and oils about 95 F. Testing notes on Nurture site mentioned 76 F which I do not think I have ever soaped at such a cool temp. Just wanted to warn everyone out there because it is such a popular Christmas fragrance. Either soap really cool or be prepared for slight acceleration.
Thank you! I bought it as well and planned to use it with a “scene” for the high country ( no pun intended) I live in. I’ve been alerted!

This is one of my favorite fragrances and I use it all year long. It's not holiday to me. I think it has been reformulated because it never caused acceleration for me until a couple of years ago. The acceleration isn't bad and I have found that if I bring my batter to emulsion there is plenty of time to split for coloring (I usually have 3 accent colors in white base for this scent) and swirling. I wouldn't probably choose to use it for a complicated pour that requires fluid batter for a long time, but a drop swirl or hanger swirl is no problem.

Good to know since I ordered it and it's on it's way. Only an ounce though as I like to test new FO before committing to a larger amount. I usually soap fairly cool...around 80F so we'll see what happens.

I made two holiday soaps with this FO. One is lard-based and the other has tallow and lard. Both recipes include HO sunflower which I find slows trace in most recipes. I soaped at around 90-95F and used dual lye, which may also slow trace a bit. For one soap I did a mantra swirl and the other was a swirled line pour in a slab mold. As far as I can recall, both batches behaved well.

I mix so many different FO & EO together I couldn't tell you which is the ' tyrant ' among them most of the time. I've learned to read reviews & description of each & work around any accelerating that may occur. Helps a lot.

I mix so many different FO & EO together I couldn't tell you which is the ' tyrant ' among them most of the time. I've learned to read reviews & description of each & work around any accelerating that may occur. Helps a lot.
I need to follow your lead with that. I’m so by the book with scents - colors are different. Don’t know why..

I need to follow your lead with that. I’m so by the book with scents - colors are different. Don’t know why..
It's fun to mix & match EO/FO I use my nose as I go little of this drop of that.. lol.
Make good notes on scents used' even if it's a drop or two of an EO/ FO reason being you'll create a great scent in soap & if you don't have good notes its next to impossible to recreate it. Hmm how would I know that? 🤔🤣😃😉

I have had multiple FO from Nurture Soap to accelerate. I have quit ordering FO from them. I have contacted them and they always use the 76 degree (F) excuse. No one soaps at that temp.

Latest posts

Back