Winter soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I cut yesterday's soap and fairly pleased with the result. It was my first mica line and my learning is to go heavier next time, but I'm still happy with it. My inspiration is the 3rd photo, visit Flax Milk Layered Soap Project | BrambleBerry . I used my own essential oil blend for scent: fir needle, bergamot, eucalyptus, peppermint, rosemary, cedarwood -- and I have to say it's a wonderful "cool and crisp" scent. I love the blue too -- the first photo is most accurate -- my first with ultramarine blue. To steal from pay homage to @TheGecko , I think next time a cocoa powder line would look cool with the blue. Thanks for lookin'!

Attachments

• 20201214_174229.jpg
    20201214_174229.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 62
  • 20201214_174253.jpg
    20201214_174253.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 59
  • PS000084-AlternatingLayersFlaxMilk_Main.jpg
    PS000084-AlternatingLayersFlaxMilk_Main.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 50
Those are gorgeous!!! What is the colors in the third pic? That shade of blue is outstanding. And is that silver Mica? If so, where did you get it?

The "mica" lines are made with titanium dioxide.
The mica on top is Snowflace Sparkle mica from Brambleberry. It's my favorite to put on top and can dress up otherwise plain soap.
The colorant is ultramarine blue from BB.

I really like doing this design. It was an easy technique but with dramatic results. Now all I want is to make this exclusively! Mrs. Zing has already asked for soap with our new bathroom colors.
Those are gorgeous!!! What is the colors in the third pic? That shade of blue is outstanding. And is that silver Mica? If so, where did you get it?
The 3rd pic is from the Brambleberry website, LOL, which inspired me. Their recipe and mine both used ultramarine blue.

Love the multi-layer style there - did you have to get it to a pretty think trace and sort of spoon it in to get those? I’ve only done simple, straight pencil lines and I’m trying to picture how yours came together.

Love the multi-layer style there - did you have to get it to a pretty think trace and sort of spoon it in to get those? I’ve only done simple, straight pencil lines and I’m trying to picture how yours came together.
I used medium trace. You can click the Bramble Berry link in my original post for details. I really like this technique. With other soaps, I did not have success at 3 flat layers -- but this design is more "forgiving" if you know what I mean. It was an alternating wall pour. Here's a nifty trick I learned: I divided my total batch weight by 5, put the mold on a chopstick on the scale and poured one fifth each time. Like I said, you get dramatic results from an easy technique!

I know you are new to this forum (welcome!) but I don't know if you are a new soaper or not. Even if you're new, you can totally do this -- no messing with various colors and tools.

Latest posts

Back