Quantcast

Winter Holiday Swap

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

dixiedragon

Reaction score
Swap closed! 12 participants

SMF Rules:
1) DISCLAIMER: SMF is not responsible for any swap, sale, trade, co-op, pre-buy, fast buy, garage sale, ad or other transactions between members. Those who sign up for any of these, do so at their own risk and are themselves fully responsible for the results, whether good or bad.

2) Above disclaimer must be posted at the beginning of each swap, sale, trade, co-op, pre-buy, fast buy, garage sale, ad or other similar transactions.

3) In order to participate in a swap or to post any sale, trade, co-op, pre-buy, fast buy, garage sale, ad or other similar transaction. SMF requires that all of the following criteria be met:

.... active membership of at least 3 months
.... a minimum of 50 posts. 'Fluff' posts written with the sole intention of boosting post numbers do not apply.
.... no infractions incurred within any 3 month period leading up to participation in any of the above mentioned activities.
.... those who have previously signed up or participated in any of the above mentioned activities and have dropped out without a valid/reasonable excuse, and/or did not deliver on their end of the bargain, are disqualified from participating in any of the said activities for up to a year.

4) Swaps are to be hosted by mods only at this time. An exception may be made if a member meets the following criteria:

.... permission from the mod team
.... minimum 100 posts. 'Fluff' posts written with the sole intention of boosting post numbers do not apply.
.... minimum 6 months active membership in good standing (i.e., with no infractions incurred in any 6 month period leading up to a swap)
.... those who have signed up or participated in any previous swap, sale, trade, co-op, fast buy, pre-buy, garage sale and/or any other transactions between members within the past year, and have dropped out without a valid/reasonable excuse, and/or did not deliver on their end of the bargain, are disqualified from hosting a swap.
.... host must accept all signees to the swap who meet the qualifications listed under swap rule #3 above (provided there are still open spaces on the swap list to be filled). In other words, refusal to admit any signee who qualifies could be considered harassment and will place the swap in danger of being shut down. SMF reserves the right to shut down any swap for reasons of harassment.
.... host otherwise takes full responsibility for the running and outcome of the swap. She/he sets the theme of the swap, and also sets the criteria such as how large the swap will be (i.e. how many people may sign up), the deadline for closing the swap, and figuring out the logistics and handling of any postage/monies.

5) Please PM a mod or admin if you want to suggest a swap.

6) Please keep all sales, trade, co-op, pre-buy, fast buy, garage sale or similar ads relevant to the needs of this forum.

Mods reserve the right to delete any post that does not adhere to the above points at their discretion.

Multiple offenses may result in the deletion of your account & the banning of your IP.

Thank you for your cooperation in keeping this a safe & friendly forum.

The SMF admin/mod team

Last edited:

dixiedragon

Reaction score
As some of you know, DoriettaFarms and I are co-hosting the Alternative Liquids Swap. She did most of the heavy lifting on that one - I just showed up to her place to smell stuff! So I have space and time to host a Winter Holiday Swap.

Here's the link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/17lsYya3O1lQhQnCaQU1JNHwfHVkHJtNzjuUOnjPH1xc/edit
Sign your name in the box. Please include your SMF handle as well as the name that will be appearing on your label, whether that is your company name, your real name, or your SMF handle. Also include your city and state, just because I want to know where everyone is from!

Due Date: September 1.

Swap items are any winter holiday craft, except food. CP soap (animal fats welcome, I'll be using lard), M&P soap, other toiletries, knitted items, ornaments - anything! The idea is to get ideas and inspiration for holiday gifts. Participants are encouraged (but not required) to provide instructions upon request. If you want to submit a non-toiletry item, please PM me for approval. Items must be labeled including ingredients/materials.

If you have any allergies, please mention them on this thread and PM me, so I can add them to this list.

Shipping: I will be using the Regional A boxes. When you mail in the items, include a check or cash for the shipping. Amount to be determined. Include in the box a sheet of paper with your SMF handle, your mailing address, a description of your swap item, and the name on your item's label. This is in case I manage to somehow mix things up.

I think that's everything. And...go!
You will mail me 15 items and you will receive 15 items (including one of yours).

ETA: One of our participants is vegan. So if you have a vegan item (honey, beeswax and farm-raised milk are okay), please put one in your box (so 14 of your regular items and 1 vegan item) for her. So I don't get confused, put your vegan item in a sandwich bag with a big V on it. (V for Vegan and for Vkumudini)

ETA 2: Vkumudini is sensitive to Avocado.

Last edited:

galaxyMLP

SPONSOR
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 3 months hit on June 19th. Is it ok if I join this swap? I'm pretty excited and would like to if I can. :) Also, would people be ok with "non-traditional" holiday soap? I was thinking of doing Hanukkah theme ones.

jules92207

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I have been so lucky to be part of the last couple swaps and this one sounds so fun, but I feel selfish for always jumping in. I'm gonna leave myself out to let new people join in for now but if there is room after everyone gets a chance I'm so in!

dixiedragon

Reaction score
My 3 months hit on June 19th. Is it ok if I join this swap? I'm pretty excited and would like to if I can. :) Also, would people be ok with "non-traditional" holiday soap? I was thinking of doing Hanukkah theme ones.
Yes, please join! That's why I'm calling it "winter holiday swap" and not "Christmas swap". I hope to see all sorts of wintery things!

kumudini

Reaction score
Thank you Dixie, for signing me up. What a fun idea. Just have a simple question though, I don't know how the swaps would work out for me if people are going to use animal fats in their products, me being a vegan. Ofcourse I wouldn't even think of asking everyone to change their recipes for me, but I want to be in atleast some of the swaps. Have anyone been in my shoes before? Any suggestions on how I could have a social life in the soaping world still and not miss out on the fun stuff?

dixiedragon

Reaction score
Thank you Dixie, for signing me up. What a fun idea. Just have a simple question though, I don't know how the swaps would work out for me if people are going to use animal fats in their products, me being a vegan. Ofcourse I wouldn't even think of asking everyone to change their recipes for me, but I want to be in atleast some of the swaps. Have anyone been in my shoes before? Any suggestions on how I could have a social life in the soaping world still and not miss out on the fun stuff?
For a while, the swaps were all veggie - b/c that's what the hosts chose. There weren't any swaps for a while, b/c I guess nobody wanted to host, and also since one of the pre-reqs was that you had to participate in a swap before you hosted one, and since nobody was hosting, people who wanted to host couldn't meet the pre-req in order to be able host their own. Then I think the mods relaxed that rule a bit.

I'm going to throw out a suggestion - participate in this swap, and I'll request that people who have an all-vegan item include one of those in the box they mail me. So you may get some things that aren't necessarily Winter Holiday, but would be fun for you to try. And then you'll be eligible to host a vegan swap!

Maybe you can re-gift the items you don't want to use yourself?

Obsidian

Reaction score
I'll join in, had a lot of fun with the AL swap:)

Vkumudini, I use a lot of animal fat but for this swap, it will be vegan friendly. I have a couple extra vegan soaps I could toss in for you too.
If you get soaps you can't use, you could always gift them to friends/family.

snappyllama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll be happy to include a veggie friendly item... Quick question for Vkumudini: how do you feel about beeswax? I know it isn't vegan, but some folks mind it and some don't. I can adjust to use a different wax, but I don't have that one on hand at the moment.

kumudini

Reaction score
Awe! thank you all so much for being so flexible. I'm actually ok with beeswax, honey and even milk from farm raised animals.
Dixie, you make so much sense.I don't know if I would be brave enough to host a swap anytime soon, but I still have 3 more months to be eligible for that anyway. So yeah, I will do this one now.
Most of my friends are happy that I'm making vegan/ vegetarian soaps but I'm sure I could find someone to gift the lardys.
On a side note, this salt bar scent is all around me and I'm loving it still. Litsea and eucalyptus EOs.
BTW, my name is Kumudini and V is my last initial. I actually wanted to change my profile name to something fun but didn't know how to.

Last edited:

kumudini

Reaction score
I think the mods would have to change your profile name, if that's even possible.
I figured they probably could if I requested them nicely enough, but didn't want to bother them on such a silly matter. I think people won't recognize me if I change it now :)

I'm excited about my first swap, if you could tell! I'm thinking of a body butter and a soap. Either one would be full size and the other in a sample size. Hope that's ok! Do BBs melt in September in Alabama heat?

And also thought I would let you know, I'm intolerant to Avocado.

galaxyMLP

SPONSOR
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately BBs melt in shipment in Florida heat at least. As long as its in a leak proof container it should be a-ok though!

kumudini

Reaction score
I could most definitely put the butters in leak proof packing.