SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

dixiedragon

Reaction score

galaxyMLP

SPONSOR
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It says I only have access to view but not edit...

galaxyMLP

SPONSOR
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, so... I tried a soap and one other thing. They were fantastic during use but I looked in the mirror after my bath and I got hives... I'm not sure if its the soap, or the other thing. It could be the soap becasue I'm itchy all over but... It could also be the coconut in the soap drying my skin a bit. I'm just sensitive to it I guess... I got the hives on my face so I think it's the other thing but my face isn't itchy and the rest of my body is! I'll have to do a trial/rule out test.

But it smelled so good and felt so good at the time!. How could this happen!? I just thought I should tell you all that my skin is a pooptard.

kumudini

Reaction score
Galaxy, you poor thing. If it is the coconut, I believe every soap has it. Hope that's not it, could be the fragrance. Hope you have some Zyrtec or Benadryl

galaxyMLP

SPONSOR
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's OK. It's going away now. :) I was just sooooo excited! I know its not coconut oil itself. I've done patch tests with it straight. I know I'm very sensitive to CO in soap but I thought maybe I was just doing it wrong myself? I wanted to see other peoples soaps too.

It could be the FO although I really like that one. I hope not. I'm leaning more towards the "other" thing (don't want to give it away for other people) since the hives were on my face (just a few, not bad at all).

ourwolfden

Reaction score
Oh no galaxy!!!!! That's not good! Maybe try washing your hands and forearms with them first just to make sure?

doriettefarm

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I really hope it's not any of my stuff that caused you problems galaxy! The only tweak I made to my main swap item was the addition of chamomile powder and the preservative. I tested everything on myself before submitting and I'm also sensitive to coconut . . . my legs are like a barometer for too much CO! I'm kinda baffled but worried at the same time because both of the FOs I used in my liquid goodie were also new and untested.

kumudini

Reaction score
Not only have I used both my soap and lotion bar, I also shared them with a friend, who just fell in love with the scents and she used them herself and on her little girls, she had only good things to say. I didn't have any problem either. Doesn't mean every person could tolerate them without issues. So, Galaxy, please let me know if it's one of mine, between the info tag I included and the little note on the review chart, I covered every single ingredient. My CO is max 15% in the lotion bar and 10% in the soap.
If it helps, we all could include our specific oil blends with percentages on the chart also. Let me know what you think.

galaxyMLP

SPONSOR
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's ok guys! It's none of you that have posted here yet! Not to worry. All better this morning.

I just wanted to put a reminder here though, my soap will not be ready until September 12. Thank you for your patience!

TheDragonGirl

Professional Geek
Reaction score
It's ok guys! It's none of you that have posted here yet! Not to worry. All better this morning.

I just wanted to put a reminder here though, my soap will not be ready until September 12. Thank you for your patience!
shoot

In which I have forgotten things, or not read well, I'll try it again then

TheDragonGirl

Professional Geek
Reaction score
Does anyone else's soap need a bit more time? I'm reading back through the other thread but its difficult to find it all and everyone forgot to put it on the labels

ourwolfden

Reaction score
Anyone else sell their soaps (products?) if so let me know where if it is online I am going to post some pictures of all my goodies to my soapy FB page and want to give credit and a link to you if possible :)

ourwolfden

Reaction score
I hope no one minds, I am taking pictures of everything as I pull it out of the box before I use it and am posting these to the google doc. I will try to get everything, but no promises I have caught my hubby looking though the box so something might just end up in the shower :)