Winter/Holiday FO Suggestions from NG?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SplendorSoaps

Reaction score
I have a couple of FO's I need to buy from NG in the 16 oz. size, and was hoping you might have some suggestions for NG winter/holiday scents? They give a discount if you order 5 of the 16 oz. size, so I thought I'd check and see if there are some surefire winners that I don't know about. I checked the FO review spreadsheet, but didn't see much there by way of holiday scents.

Last year I really enjoyed Kringleberry from NG, and will definitely get some more this year. Bonus points if you know if NG has a dupe of WSP's Sparkling Snowflake. WSP's description is "Sweet juices of rich black plum cascade over fresh, green pine needles." Truthfully, I didn't smell plum at all, but the overall scent was heavenly! Just trying to keep my FO addiction in check this holiday season by shopping from ONE supplier instead of many. ;-)

Great minds think alike, rparrny! I have a batch of Eucalyptus Spearmint curing right now (although I got that FO from WSP - still a lovely scent).

Eucalyptus/Spearmint
Here's the batch I did today:

003.jpg

That is some pretty soap! I love the colors - what did you use for the red (if you don't mind sharing)?

It's from BB, used to be called brick red but now they call it something else, American red I think.

Last edited:
It's from BB, used to be called brick red but now they call it something else, American red I think.

Thank you. I want to figure out a consistent, good red. I have some Really Red from Nurture that I will be playing with, and if that doesn't work out will be looking into other options. I'll have to keep this one in mind, it's very nice.

It smells minty in soap which I don't detect OOB. It's very nice. The patch is not as detectable in the finished soaped. It's more fruity candy /minty with a soft hint of patch.

I made this last Christmas, and it sold very well. I love it. Such a perfect minty blend. You are right, the patch is very soft.

Also, Reindeer Poop and Elf Sweat. Sold out - people loved them for stocking stuffers, and they really smell good. This year I bought Snowman Balls but I haven't soaped with it yet.

Another vote here for Hippy Christmas! I love patchouli, but I don't really smell it--it's a sweet minty scent with an earthy background. Really nice!

The Hippy Christmas soaps very well, no A and I am not sure about D because I colored mine a dark color, I haven't used it for a long time, but if you look at the site it does have vanilla, just can't remember how much.

Back