Wine soap put in freezer?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sonya is soaping

Reaction score
Hey, I have just finished a wine soap, used 100% red wine as my liquid! which was simmered first to get alcohol content out and then froze into slushy. Used quite a bit of turmeric to add a wonderful deep red color and have placed in freezer, as I have done with my milk soaps.
Anybody else had experience with wine soap and know how long I should keep in freezer for?
I left my milk soaps in for 24 hrs and then rested at room temp for 24hrs before unfolding. Reckon it would be the same ad do you think I should cover with a towel or not?

I would treat it the same. No insulation needed. I gel all my soaps, wine, beer, milk. I know it's not uncommon to get partial gel even in the fridge.

I've made wine soap once, I didn't freeze it (before or after making it) and it turned out fine. I soap at room temperature, so maybe that helped. I would think for your soap you can follow the same process as milk soap and it will be fine.

Back