Wine in Soap??

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itsmeroro

Reaction score
Hello - I am new here (hi from CA!) and have been researching soap making using the cold process - I have seen beer as an additive - could someone tell me if I could use wine?? Has anyone done this? Just interested in making a soap for my wine country area... Thanks so much! RoRo

Welcome to our family!!! I don't do CP or HP soap but wine in soap would be interesting! Where in Cali are you? I lived in Modesto for awhile and used to frequent the Gallo winery, we were friends with some of the family.

I've never used it, but it is a common practice I seen many pictures of wine soap. Pair up the liquid real stuff with a wine scented FO and you have a interesting soap. A good one for the V-Day time would be Strawberies & Champaigne FO. Several have it. Use wine in soap is fine!

Paul.... :)

Where in California do you live? Did I meet you at a fair? LOL in Suisun? Just wondering if that was you..

Anyway..

It will have to be flat!
Beer soap.. the beer is flat!.. I assume the wine will have to be room temp,and flat.
I think I would do half wine, and half distilled water..

Hmm.. I have wine in the fridge.. I am going to look into that..

Hey Paul, thats a good idea.. scent it with a Wine FO.. since the wine scent wont come out naturally..

yeah your just subbing it out.. in the lye/water

pepper is it Anderson's soaps? Here in California.. I think she is in Citrus Heights..

She been selling alot of beer soap!

a little for me, a little for the soap pot....little for me, a little for the soap pot...... :lol:

A lot for me, a little for the soap pot, a lot for me, a little for the soap pot, even more for me, to hell with the soap pot.............ZZZZZZZZZZ :lol:

Paul....sleeping it off now, thank you! 8) 8)

Does anyone know if it keeps any sort of fragrance at all? Or would you indeed have to use the fo to supplement?

did someone mention margarittas????????? Some for me, some for you......more for me, less for you. :lol:

Question: where do you find wine FO's??

gallerygirl said:
did someone mention margarittas????????? Some for me, some for you......more for me, less for you. :lol:

Question: where do you find wine FO's??

How do you like the sound of this FO?:

Strawberries & Champagne

A fruity wine, romantic, strawberry champagne fragrance with undernotes of soft florals to bring out the strawberry champagne mix.

It is from Cajun Candles & Supply

http://www.cajuncandles.com/fragrance-o ... -page2.htm

Paul.... :wink:

Now that I am thinking about it...I have a girlfriend who was (she stopped to go back to school) a wonderful soaper. She did have a wonderful, what she called, a "golden margaritta" soap and body butter. Need to ask her where she got that one.

gallerygirl said:
Now that I am thinking about it...I have a girlfriend who was (she stopped to go back to school) a wonderful soaper. She did have a wonderful, what she called, a "golden margaritta" soap and body butter. Need to ask her where she got that one.

Me thinks Tab has a margarita soap? Maybe. Check her Etsy shop.

Back