Willow bark

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

houseofwool

Reaction score
Has anyone used willow bark in their CP soap? I am interested in trying it because I have found that my skin does best when I use a cleanser that has salicylic acid in it.

I had considered using white willow bark in my acne bars. But I couldnt find usage rates, and their are few companies who carry it. I went with activated charcoal, i found the results to be similar IMO to salicylic acid and it's easier to come by.

That's interesting. I didn't know that about AC. Can you point me to some reading on the topic?

Who knew that I would be fighting acne and wrinkles at the same time...

Well here's one article http://www.livestrong.com/article/131981-charcoal-soap-acne/ Also there are many posts on the Forum on charcoal. salicylic acid medicated soaps sold in stores, and cp soap with added AC are two totally different animals. My pimple prone friends and family prefer the latter. You'll have to experiment for yourself to determine what's best for you. When I said they are similar I meant in terms of results in finished product. I hope that helps

I just didn't want anyone thinking I was trying to say the two were equivalent... The willow bark might be a great alternative. I was just so happy with the charcoal I never pursued it

I know this post is probably late but with Willow Bark extract you can use it at any ratio clear up to 100%. All educational material I have read states that it is safe and been tested at those rates with no adverse reactions, unlike synthetic Salicin.
Just thought this might be helpful for anyone who stumbles upon this post like I did.

I actually use this in my handmade toner with great results in clearing up my acne and excess oily skin problems. Also, I am almost 50 and I have noticed a considerable reduction in wrinkles and increase elasticity. My 27 year old daughter was asking me what I have been using because I have less wrinkles and firmer skin than she does, lol.

I do use AC, tea tree, and clay in my facial bar though and highly recommend that as a facial wash. Use the willow in a leave-on product.

I like your ideas tcarlin. Can you please share some info on how you made your willow toner.
tcarlin hasn't been here for 1 1/2 yrs, this thread is 8 yrs old. It might be best to start a new thread and ask your question to get an answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back