Willow Bark Extract

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dean

Reaction score
Anyone use WBE as a preservative? If so, was it effective?

The only thing I remember willow bark was for, was headaches, that's what the naturopath recommended to take to get rid of them, I suppose because of it's analgesic and anti- inflammatory properties. Interesting about it's preservative properties.

All I know about willow bark is that it used to be used similarly to aspirin, at least for minor ailments (like Relle mentioned). It’s been used widely enough in the past that I imagine there would be some study for it somewhere if it worked.

If you decide to try it I would suggesting challenge testing to see if it works so the data is there

All I know about willow bark is that it used to be used similarly to aspirin, at least for minor ailments (like Relle mentioned). It’s been used widely enough in the past that I imagine there would be some study for it somewhere if it worked.

If you decide to try it I would suggesting challenge testing to see if it works so the data is there

What is “challenge testing”?

When you send out a sample of your product to an independent lab to have it tested for microbes and yuckies. You can get slides for at home incubation but challenge testing is more accurate.

(I will note that I have never done either, but think it would be nice to see the lab work if you do decide to try willow bark as a preservative)

Latest posts

Back