Will this affect anything ?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marleina

Reaction score
I live in a small 1br apartment and I have a toddler that loves to get in to everything. I really want to start soap making so im curious if I could do it on my balcony but I'm not sure if the weather temperature outside would affect my results as its usually around 65°F outside Is that a reasonable temperature? Would this work ?
Any advice and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I don’t see why not. My A/C is usually set at 70F. You’d probably be doing some back and forth unless you’re very well prepped and organized, (a skill I do not possess🤣🤣). If it were me, I would probably soap when my toddler was napping or down for the night. I’d be more concerned with keeping ingredients out of reach.

As someone who's raised a lot of toddlers, I recommend plastering lye and any other dangerous ingredients with Mr. Yuk stickers, or monster face stickers. And then double lock that stuff up anyway. Toddler skin is still quite thin and delicate.

Heck - there's probably better, and free, printables of yucky type faces online.

If it were me, I would probably soap when my toddler was napping or down for the night. I’d be more concerned with keeping ingredients out of reach.
That's what I used to do. Still do actually even if he's 4 now lol. Of course he naps less or none at all nowadays.......

Is there any place at all he doesn't have access to? Maybe a sturdy top shelf? Medicine cabinet? On top of the book shelf? You can store any well-sealed ingredients there, including lye crystals/pearls/powder.

Latest posts

Back