Will sugar help lather in a salt bar?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My only question is did you add in the castor oil upping your superfat even more? Sixty percent CO in a Soleseif bar will lather fine unless you have a super high superfat.
Hi! No, I completely forgot the castor oil! LOL! I superfatted at 20%, but I'm thinking 15% might have been better. Would you consider 20% "super high"? It will eventually be a fisherman's soap; or just a spa bar if I can't get it to lather in salt water. The bars are beautifully hard after 14 hours, but still too harsh on my bare hands to try a lather test. Because it contains coconut cream as well as sugar, I let the bars sit outside in the porch where it was colder. They didn't freeze, but after a short time in the house, they were already sweating. I'm guessing a combination of the salt and the change in temperature? I wiped them off and they seem fine now. I wonder about the fragrance oil though...the last time I used this particular one, the soap was sweaty after 12 - 18 hours of saponification. But I probably had that one outside in the cold as well. Just thinking out loud here. :)

My recipe at 90% CO, 5% Shea and castor. Coconut milk as liquid. 20% SF
50% salt.
The most luxurious bar I pour

Attachments

• 90A322DC-EAD1-4B78-83FD-70552D8F4603.jpeg
    90A322DC-EAD1-4B78-83FD-70552D8F4603.jpeg
    284.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 026AAA04-7941-4AC5-AF27-90280F10FE7A.jpeg
    026AAA04-7941-4AC5-AF27-90280F10FE7A.jpeg
    293.4 KB · Views: 18
My apologies...I should have addressed my first question above to new12soap. I got confused by the name attached to the recipe, which is Irish Lass. It was new12soap who wrote the comment I responded to, about Irish Lass' soap recipe. But of course, I'm happy to hear from anyone. :) Now that we're all totally confused..........lol

Latest posts

Back