Will salt bars work in this type of mold...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have some massage bar molds:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07LCFF4NW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Will salt bars harden enough to work in these? I've got some regular round individual molds I could use alternatively, but they are a bit big for my hand. I'd rather use the bumpy ones, but don't want to waste the batch if it's going to be a nightmare to get them out. I have never made salt bars before so I have no idea how hard they will get. Input is appreciated.

Yes, they should work fine. I use silicone, I just leave them sit for a day or two. I cover them with Saran Wrap as my salt bars in individual molds seem to get more ash. I also cover them once I take them out for a day or so. That’s just me though.

Yes, they should work fine. I use silicone, I just leave them sit for a day or two. I cover them with Saran Wrap as my salt bars in individual molds seem to get more ash. I also cover them once I take them out for a day or so. That’s just me though.
Excellent... THANK YOU for the reply. I think I'm going to give these a try tomorrow. This is the most anxious I have ever felt about making a soap since my very first batch. :hairpulling:

Good luck!

My first try at salt bars used an intricate mold and I noticed the single one I took out early crumbled.. So best to leave them in there a while longer I would think, just to let the chemistry do its thing. Forcing them out might cause breakage and you'll have the bumpy part stuck in the mold lol

Also when they're ready, maybe put em in the freezer for like 10 minutes and then try n see if they pop out in their own after when you hold the mold upside down. Better than pushing them out from underneath. That happened to the tiny soaps, the edges n corners were all stuck when I tried to push em.

Good luck!

My first try at salt bars used an intricate mold and I noticed the single one I took out early crumbled.. So best to leave them in there a while longer I would think, just to let the chemistry do its thing. Forcing them out might cause breakage and you'll have the bumpy part stuck in the mold lol

Also when they're ready, maybe put em in the freezer for like 10 minutes and then try n see if they pop out in their own after when you hold the mold upside down. Better than pushing them out from underneath. That happened to the tiny soaps, the edges n corners were all stuck when I tried to push em.
I wouldn't have thought of the freezer trick! I made them this afternoon. :dance:They are hardening up nicely, but I think I'm going to wait till after work tomorrow to unmold them.

Latest posts

Back