Wild Orange Poppy Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Janine

Reaction score
20180429_140103.jpg

l love the natural red clay it came out beautiful added some Poppy Seeds lm happy with this result...

YAY can't wait to get my Mica's let the fun begin.

Attachments

• 20180429_142916.jpg
    20180429_142916.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 93
Last edited by a moderator:
Very pretty soaps Janine! I also like your photo styling.

Just a word ... soap reacts with metal fairly quickly (depending on the metal), most usually to the detriment of the soap.

As nice as the fresh soap looks on the wire racks, doing this risks triggering DOS (from the metal reacting with the soap).
Cooling racks often have a high copper content (to conduct the heat away from the food). Copper is one of the worst metals to let near your soap (direct contact with copper will almost certainly trigger DOS). If you do see evidence of DOS, some people have had luck cutting it off before it spreads throughout the soap.

Very pretty. So that yellowish-orange is from a natural red clay? I would not have expected that.

It looks like you have a partial gel marking in the middle of your soaps, which should even out and be less noticeable after cure, I think. I've had that a couple of times and the darker center and lighter outer evened out with cure. Even if it doesn't, it makes no difference to the performance of the soap.

l added nearly 1 tablespoon put a side to my oils and added after trace probably will turn pale after 6 weeks who no's l love it

or maybe because i took some from top of loaf and tried to thicken it to give it that rustic look and put it back on not sure ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I love using neon colors. Many people are afraid of them, lol. But a little too add to your natural color, if you do not mind using mica, keeps soap vibrant.

This is one I made a long time ago: citronella and mandarin. Color with a little green dark mica, and neon orange. Stills looks good after 1 year. I had so many natural colors fade, that I do not use them alone anymore.

DSCN2347.JPG

Latest posts

Back