WICKS

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrayWolf

Reaction score
Hello,
I am doing more research into candlemaking. Tried to do some in the past and got sidetracked. Have found some good books on Candlemaking and am learning. I am however interested in any information into propper Wicks for different waxs and sizes of candles.

Tapers and stick Candles in Paraffin and Bees Wax

Votives : in case I choose to do my own wick. I know that you can by them already made

Column and Container 1 x ^ 6 1/2"
2 x
3 x
Is there a formula or is this info on the packaging ?

HOW DO I REALLY DETERMINE THE RIGHT WICK FOR THE RIGHT CANDLE ?

determining the right wick for the right candle is a lot of trial and error. I am a zinc core lover from way back. I know their have been good advances in cotton and paper cores that self trim, but I think I get the best throw with mine.
For votives I use a 32-24-18z.
With this I use a plain votive wax-IGI 1230
I melt in 1tsp vybar-universal mix/lb at roughly 160*
this is when I add any color
I scent roughly 1oz/lb at 145* or a little higher if the scent is being stubborn to mix in and pour right away. I always have shrink holes so I have to repour when the top starts to harden.
I use the little metal votive cups. I generaly let them cure for at least 24 hours before I package them.
This is just one way to make votives. For ever type of candle you have a bunch of different recipes and combinations. I suggest trying just one type at first. Perfect that recipe and move on from there.

Thanks for the information ! I appreciate it. Been rather busy lately so I have not been able to respond. Thanks Again !

WICKS/ NEW QUESTION

Have a question in regard to wicking,so I thought I would reactivate an old thread instead of opening up a new one.................

WHO ACTUALLY MAKE CANDLE WICKS AND WICKING. I KNOW THAT YOU CAN BUY IT FROM A WHOLESALER AND I AM NOT KNOCKING THEIR BUSINESS OR ANY OTHER PROPRIETER WHO SELLS THE STUFF. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHO MAKES IT AND HOW TO ORDER IT MYSELF. WHO KNOWS I MAY WANT TO START MY OWN BUSINESS ONE DAY :} !! MOSTLY CURIOSITY BUT STILL INTERESTED.......THANKS !

Latest posts

Back