Why wouldn't my soap melt?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh that wonderful thanks so much for your advice! :D I'm doing all these for hampers for my family so far I've made Seville Orange Marmalade, Christmas Chutney and soaps. Next on my list is homemade chocolates, fudge and shortbread! I've also designed posters and framed them :D

Here are the marmalades I've made so far...
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1386271940.339191.jpg

Oh that would be lovely! You know kids love to have varieties of good looking soaps! My daughter is 20 months old and whenever she looks at anything pretty, she asks, "soap"? And when I ask, mommy made soap for? She points herself and says 'baby'

Never thought about doing soaps for the kids but I'm sure you're right they would love it! Might keep an eye out for some fun moulds.

Ha! No I don't sell them, never done any of this before but set myself a challenge to have a go at making all these things from scratch to teach myself some new skills before my 3rd kiddie arrives in February! Won't be much time for melting soap then so shall enjoy it while I can :)) These are what I've done so far for the hampers. ImageUploadedBySoap Making1386283562.389551.jpgImageUploadedBySoap Making1386283577.653223.jpg

These look great!!!!!

I Am not sure if you are in the US but I got one of my molds at Hobby Lobby

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1386303322.408446.jpg.

I accidentally burnt one of My molds so bought this new one..... It has kids animal shapes like a duck, teddy bear etc

Foe a little older kids in the family I have made fun Holiday shapes like snowflakes and Christmas tree

Redwallday, what is a Christmas chutney if I may ask? Can u share the recipe? Please? What do you eat it with? Like bread or chips or????

Love your Xmas soaps!!! Especially the little snowflakes. I really fancy doing a gingerbread man one :) Any idea how I make it smell like gingerbread? :D

I am not sure if you can get a ginger flavored FO. But if not, I think the safest way to go is either vanilla or cinnamon. My husband gifted me a M&P kit for Christmas soaps. ImageUploadedBySoap Making1386383206.966984.jpg

So I think I will use vanilla or cinammon

I also had a question. He gifted me a box of Shea butter. Is it safe to use in M&P?ImageUploadedBySoap Making1386383416.048785.jpg

The Christmas Chutney recipe looks yummy. Work has been crazy at this time of the year. Not sure if I will get time. :(

Khanjari,
Yes, you only need to use about 1 teaspoon per pound of soap base. It really creates a lovely lather. Glad to see it's the raw shea butter as it has more nutrients.

Back