Why we have pets and peepee dances :)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gigisiguenza

Reaction score
There's nothing like a pet to keep you laughing.

As you saw from my earlier post, I'm freaking out a bit lately. So I come home from a very crappy night at work, tired and feeling sorry for myself (I know, silly to do lol), and I set down with a big ole mug of heavily spiked hot cocoa, determine to crochet myself out of my funk while watch whatever idiocy is on tv.

An hour goes by and I feel mellower (Ty spiked cocoa) but still blue and overwhelmed.

Then I hear a ridiculous amount of weird noise coming from my bedroom. I get up to check, but it has stopped. I walk away. It happens again, I check again, same thing, it stops. By the third time, I'm getting worried it's an unwanted critter in my closet. So I flip on the lights, armed with a broom, ready to whack the begeebers outta whatever critter had the nerve to get into my closet...

And my idiot cat pops her head out of the handle-hole of a box at my feet, bright eyed and curious about what I'm doing - scaring a hundred grey hairs outta my roots spontaneously! I jumped a good 3 ft in the air (which ain't easy, lemme tell ya), squealing like pig in fright, and nearly pee my flippin paints. I'm standing there holding my racing heart, legs crossed for dear life, and she just blinks at me like I'm boring, pops here head back into her box, and goes back to whatever idiocy she was doing in there.

Out of curiosity, I lean forward to see what is so fascinating...
To discover that Miss Maisy is engrossed in chasing the shadow of her own tail.

Good grief, I started laughing so hard I had to run to the bathroom doing the knee-locked panic run.

I'm still laughing as I type this Hahahahaha

And this is why humans have pets LOL

Sorry EG, I always default to this area because it's where I do all of my browsing, so the topic ends up created under whatever area I'm in without my realizing it.

It's funny how quirky pets can be. Mine makes me laugh frequently. Almost like she's a little human sometimes. My little dog steals knee highs and socks and brings them to bed if they are left laying out. There's been times we've found 3-4 pairs in bed in the morning.

It's funny how quirky pets can be. Mine makes me laugh frequently. Almost like she's a little human sometimes. My little dog steals knee highs and socks and brings them to bed if they are left laying out. There's been times we've found 3-4 pairs in bed in the morning.

LOL mine steals money. I'm a bartender, so I come home with cash every night that's been handled by people, so it smells interesting to her. If I don't put it in my purse, she picks it up in her tiny teeth and trots off with it. There's been times I've had to hunt the house to find a missing bill or two so I can pay a bill LOL. She always acts insulted when I take it back too, like how dare I take her goodies hahahaha

Pets are the greatest aren't they? My Rottie used to do some of the strangest things. I remember one day coming home from being out somewhere and there he was hovering over my strawberry plants ever so delicately nibbling them right off the bush.

Gigi -- you're lucky she doesn't eat it! Our ditzy German Shorthair snacked on half of a $50 bill one time. Of course she ate the larger half, so it couldn't be replaced at the bank. DH and I still wince about that.

But she likes peppermints -- those soft ones, yanno? She'd rather have a peppermint than a Milkbone dog treat. So at treat time, I give the boys (we have 4 dogs) each a Milkbone and she and I have a mint.

P1020261 700.jpg

DeeAnna, beautiful baby!

One of my 4-legged boys will go find a sock of mine and bring it to me for praise when he is feeling ignored. A worn sock is preferred but he'll bring me a clean sock if he can find one and has to resort to that.

hercules 1 resized.jpg

Last edited:
Back