Why was I so afraid of rebatching??

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kerianne

Reaction score
Was worried about my lye clumping up on three batches I made a couple of days ago. Couldn't decide which rebatching method to try for the first time, so I tried a different one for each- crockpot, oven and double boiler.

It was soooo much easier than I thought! Maybe because the soap was still fresh. I just chopped it up, and melted no water or anything! The crockpot lined the Reynolds liner was the quickest, easiest cleanup. The oven took wayyyy too long and didn't come out as smoothly, so I ended up finishing in the crockpot.

Can't wait to unmold tomorrow, hopefully they won't be fugly, haha.

I agree. Rebatching is not my favorite thing to do, but it is not that big a deal, especially in the crockpot. Last time I rebatched it was ugly, but it was just all my scraps put together, so I knew it would be. I had so much that I had to put one steel pot inside another to make a double boiler to melt it all. It filled my 3 lb. mold and a 4 cup plastic container. That is a lot of scraps!

Back