Why is this Lye like jumping beans

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MountNView

Reaction score
Previously I had bought my lye from Essential Depot and had no issues. I recently ran out and bought some from Bulk Apothocary since I was ordering other products from them. I am finding it very difficult to pour out of the quart container. It flies all over the place due to the static in it. I contacted them and I can't return it. They said it is a little jumpy and suggested I keep it cool. Does anyone have any experience with how to use this and pour it without half of it ending up on the counter or stuck to the outside of the everything close by?

I have the same issue and have used a dryer sheet with some success. I also pour my lye in a glass jar and that has really made a big difference over using my typical plastic container.

Thanks for the suggestions...Susie I read the post from the link you supplied...found that post interesting. I should have done a search before I posted this. Funny I did not have this happen with the Essencial Depot lye beads... It would have been nice if the vendor had put some sort of note on the container as a caution...Oh well, live and learn. Have a great day.

Back