Why is shipping so high?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deedles

Reaction score
I want to order some AC so I went to BB. I added some orange mica since I was there.

2 oz. of products is $7.50 and the shipping to Texas is $8.50! I wonder if that's just their base minimum shipping because if I add the 16oz of avocado oil I want to try it's the same.

Yeah minimum shipping. If you have an Amazon prime account it's worth checking Amazon for small orders like that.

You might try local. I found some AC in a local spiritual supply shop that had 3 walls of jars of teas, herbs (flowers, leaves, and roots), seeds, spices, etc. I was there for some calendula. I was surprised to see AC there, but I took note of it, for when I'm ready to play with AC soaps. They were also an awesome (large, very large) supply of EO. I expected maybe 15 EO and got a wall of close to 140 oils. I'm going back for that coffee bean!!!! Anyways, point being, you'd be surprised at what you find when you're casually glancing around the place you heard about by word of mouth. :mrgreen:

I'm jealous of your shipping in the US. In Canada we have no small packet type option, if something is thicker than letter (ex. A 1" soap, or a 7/8" soap dish) the minimum is $10. It's ridiculous. My minimum from Brambleberry is about $50, so I haven't taken the plunge.

I'm on the east coast so my base is $13 from there.

Brambleberry will work with you though! I once got 25 lbs of MP soap from them for only $10-12 shipping b/c I asked them to ship it through USPS. They will do that for any non FO purchases I believe. I don't know that they will ship first class but they'll at least ship priority. That small stuff would probably be $6 to ship.

I don't even order from BB anymore. Not only is the shipping too high, but delivery is really slow, because I'm across the country. The shipment costs for my oils and butters is what gets me, and I'm only able to get OO locally.

You can get granules at a pet store or Walmart in the aquarium section. it's used for tank filters. Dissolve it in water first - those granules wont' dissolve in soap batter!

I'm on the east coast so my base is $13 from there.

Brambleberry will work with you though! I once got 25 lbs of MP soap from them for only $10-12 shipping b/c I asked them to ship it through USPS. They will do that for any non FO purchases I believe. I don't know that they will ship first class but they'll at least ship priority. That small stuff would probably be $6 to ship.

That's good to know, we are east coast too!

Who do the folks on the East side of the country order from? I have found that Bulk Apothecary's shipping is just as high as BB.
Thanks

I really like Camden Grey. They are in Florida. There is also Tennessee Candle which I've heard good things about, but I haven't tried them. Unfortunately CG doesn't have charcoal. But I like their natural products - EOs, fixed oils, herbs.

Back