Why is it yellow help me make it clear :(

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OceanGirl-3

Reaction score
:( I have clear M&P is yellow well clear yellow if you know what i am trying to say :oops: , how in heck can i make is crystal clear :?

Any help be fantastic

Kristie

Hi Kristie,
what brand of MP is this?

I use SFIC, and their clear is yellowish. I have used their Crystal Clear too, and it is much more transparent, but still has a slight yellowish cast over it.

Adding a drop of ultramarine blue helped. Perhaps you can try that. It neutralizes the yellow.

Did you use an FO? My clear M&P has turned out yellowish before because the FO I used had a yellow tint to it.

You can not take color out of soap once it is in there.

Many "clear" bases have a little ting of yellow or amber.

It is possible, if it looks dingey, that may be because the soap is in a big chunck. Once it is in a normal size mold or slice it should look as dingey.

Wish you had a picture.

I get mine here from AussieSoapSupplies but i think from BB over there in the US.

Thanks for the Dye tip i might just do that ;)

It's yellow to start with ;) with nothing added

It's just that i see some that look so clear :oops:

Tabitha i do it now just melt it i won't put any think in it well i place an embed and see ;)

BBS with Pic

HUMMM I DID SMALL HEART now can see that maybe yes was thick when i first did it :oops: i change the colour lol so don't have pic of that :lol:

Wait see how this sets but it looks better :oops: , feel like such an idoit :roll:

I have the same type of mp base with the yellowish tint but after I melt it down it turns clear? When i pour its not yellow at all.

if after you melt ur clear base soap and it has a slight yellow tint, use a little blue colorant just a couple drops (depending on how big of a batch u made, it makes it look clearer
Here's the vid where I got the info:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMYygHyUrzY&feature=channel"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMYygHyU ... re=channel[/ame]

:)

Back