Why does SoapCalc.net keep losing my recipes!? So frustrated!!!!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paillo

Reaction score
Anyone else have this problem? I can't trust it at all to keep my saved recipes, they just vanish. On a Windows machine running Windows 7, and Chrome. I just don't get it. Luckily I've saved most of them in Word files, but I'm getting really, really distrustful. Of course, the one I needed to tweak, and didn't offlload in Word, I needed because I poured in too much lye in the lye water, is gone, gone, GONE! !@#$%^ I wanna scream!

ETA: No, I have not cleared cookies either. Luckily I printed it so I can reinput the values, but hate to have to keep doing this... !@##$%%^

Can't you just print as a PDF and save on your own computer?

I can, but don't like PDFs because I can't edit them. Normally I save as Word files, just as backup, because I like to tweak, so I like to save in something I can edit if worst comes to worst. But, oh why, do I have to start over again and again in SoapCalc? That's where I'd like to be able to save, and tweak, and know I can load a recipe and tweak it over time :thumbdown: I guess I'm gonna go to bed in a funk and hopefully dream up an answer :)

From soapcalc:

After clicking 'Calculate Recipe', your recipe can be saved using the 'Save Recipe' button. Up to 8 recipes can be saved as cookies on your device - choose one of the recipe names in the drop down menu before clicking 'Save Recipe'. (Sorry, the recipe names can not be changed.)

Recipes will be saved using percentages if the round '%' button is selected; or in weights if the round weight button is selected.

I've had this happen to me but found it to be my error as I did not select a new recipe number. You can only save 8 and you don't get to select a name, just recipe number 1 through 8 on the dropdown menu. Failing to change the number wipes out whatever was there before.

Copy/Paste into a word document. I have a file named "Soaps to Try". What I actually make out of that gets name changed to add the date and moved to "Soaps Made" then printed. I HAD to stop printing everything I ran through SoapCalc. I was running out of room.

I save them as pdf's to my computer and if I need to scribble on them I open or insert them in any program that lets me scribble on them (word, preview, gimp, adobe pro at work).
Cant change the original text (which is good for me), but I can add notes. All my programs allow me to print or save as a pdf.

I take screen snapshots and keep them in my creative journal. Sorry for your trouble!
Anna Marie

I've done all of the above. Saving each one as a separate recipe, 1-8, is what I'd really like to trust, and what I always do. Love being able to flip through them one at a time, tweak, save. I had all 8 saved, and presto, when I went in y'day to tweak one they were all gone. I haven't cleared cookies, nor blocked them, so that stumps me. Hoping I'll have an "Aha" moment and realize it was my stupidity somewhere.

I too like to keep my recipes organized, and have a folder of Word files on my computer, and a paper folder with printouts, both with notes at the bottom. I sub oils that aren't on Soapcalc, so I like to have those and additives noted in Word, and printouts I can scribble on. I signed up on Evernote, will try that. Thanks, everyone!

You computer may be set to clear cookies after a given time. If you clean the cache they will usually go away and if your computer is turned off and restarted without a proper shutdown they can go away. I also print as a pdf to save them

Latest posts

Back