Why do I love Fragrance Sample sales so much?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tkine

Reaction score
I need MORE FO samples like I need another...well...more FO Samples ;)
But Candle Science is having their 1 oz for 99 cents sale now, and I've
had my list ready for a week, waiting for it!

I think I need to get into some kind of program.

Ditto on that. I started filling my basket and then cancelled it out. I don't need anything else. I have over 150 bottles of fragrance oil from 1 oz to 16 oz and have many I haven't even used yet. I keep telling myself no no no....I'll probably end up ordering anyway. It's a true addiction....thank goodnes there is no 12 step programs for this yet...my family would surely send me.

I have enough 1 ounce sample sized bottles to last a lifetime of soaping. I also found that I prefer EOs and that comparatively few FOs appealed to me as much as EOs do. Once I realized that, it became much easier to resist. I haven't bought FO in over a year. However, I wouldn't say I'm cured, probably just in remission.

I've started working with EOs and for the time being and mixing EOs with FOs to enhance them. Until I get more experience with EOs I will be working with both for now.

I got the email from CS about the sale and their new FOs. I might have been tempted to buy some for my candles but I already made up fall candles last weekend. Part of my scents are FOs I am trying to use up from past falls. LOL

tkine, what are you planning to get?
Does anyone who ordered from their last sale have opinions on their FOs overall? Do you think this is a good company to get FOs for use in CP?
I'm actually mostly doing MP now, so they should work nicely for me. I'm just trying to keep my line down to a manageable number. So far I have 14. I do need to add a few, though. I have 4 new soaps I want to make.

tkine, what are you planning to get?
Does anyone who ordered from their last sale have opinions on their FOs overall? Do you think this is a good company to get FOs for use in CP?
I'm actually mostly doing MP now, so they should work nicely for me. I'm just trying to keep my line down to a manageable number. So far I have 14. I do need to add a few, though. I have 4 new soaps I want to make.

Marilyna, I get several of my FOs from CS. I have only had a few scents that I personally didn't like of theirs. In my cart right now are:
Lavender Vanilla
Peach Nectar
Lime Cooler
Mulberry
Mediterranean Fig
Oakmoss and Amber
Pineapple Sage
Plumeria

I make CP, so I've no idea how they will do in M & P. I got a free sample of the Peach Nectar with my last order, & really liked it OOB. I'm going to make a sample of it tonight to see how it does in soap, before I place this order to order more of the Peach N. I like their Black Raspberry Vanilla, Love Spell, Baby Powder, Cucumber & Mint. They ship fast also...but I realize with sales, it might add a bit of a delay.

I hope this helped :)

This is why SMF is my favorite place to be! Thanks for sharing the sale info AND your fave FOs. I was able to pick up some scents I would never try at full price, but are well worth the 'risk' for a buck. You have no idea how happy I am right now!
Big squishy e-hugs for everyone!!!

antique sandlewood smelled so bad OOB that I nearly puked. Never soaped it.
Apple and clover soaped well but not my favorite scent. too much green smell
Applejack and peel. I have one from NG so never bought this scent from CS
Beach linen is a good clean smell and soaped well
Clean Cotton I really like. Like to soap with it too
Coconut Lime Verbena did not hold scent
Cool Citrus Basil soaped very nice but didn't like enough to buy again
Cotton Tree is good one to soap . No AC or D and smells clean
Cranbery Marmalade is great but now they say not skin safe. It discolors but the smell is awesome
Driftwood is a very sexy manly smell. NO AorC but discolors to a dark brown so no need for color
Fig tree smells just like the description. soaps easy but discolors
Golden rose soaps super and is a very light and lovely Rose scent. Sticks too
Himalayan Bamboo soap well. I just don't care for the scent
Hydrangea soaped well easy to work with. My husband likes the scent I don't. I wont order again
Mango and tangerine makes me gag OOB so didn soap
Moonlake Musk. I didn't care for the scent OOB so gave away
Oakmoss and Amber. I have enjoyed this one . Ordered 8 oz because of good reviews and was not disappointed
Peach Nectar. I like and easy to soap
Pink Magnolia Blossom. It accelerated and stinks. I don't think I can give the soap away
Pomegrante soaped well and I like it will order again. It is sweet
Violet Lime was okay smell. Soaped well but I didn't like it well enough to buy again.
Okay tell me about some I haven't tried that you think are good
I am interested in any really good ones

lizflower I am going to order some of the day spa you recommended .It sounds like it would smell good

Raspberry Macaroon is awesome in body butters and solid lotion. Amaretto Nog smells delish oob but haven't used it yet. Strawberry Shortcake is pretty nice too. I just broke down and orders some.

Lizflowers, how bad does the Black Raspberry Vanilla discolor? I know it's popular, but I hate brown soap.

I've got way too many FOs now...

I'll just take a peek...

Ooo look at that one

and that one

99 cents huh

well maybe just 1...

or 12

you bunch of enablers :)

Dumb question ( my turn) candle science is just scents for candles right? Non soap safe?

Sent from my iPhone using Soap Making

Back