Why did I buy this??

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Navaria

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what I planned to do with a pound of tapioca starch?? I knew what I needed it for when I ordered it, but now that it's here, I have no idea why I bought it. Please tell me I'm not the only one who has done something this scatterbrained! And PLEASE tell me what I can do with 16oz of tapioca starch!

Yep. That's exactly why I bought so much. To make body butters less greasy. After a little more research, I realized I had the intention of using it in place of corn starch in bath bombs, and for body butters. Wow. Good thing I'm not soaping today, my brain is NOT firing on all cylinders!

It's really sad some days. I think I have a serious case of sometimers. Sometimes I can remember, and sometimes I can't.

I did something just like this today. As I went to unmold two small batches of soap I realized I had forgotten to write down the fragrance used. Fortunately I had also forgotten to throw the bottles of fragrance away. Remembered just as I was about to go dumpster diving.

I use it in homemade deodorants also.

It is a fantastic moisture absorber, so it's good for mixing your FOs and EOs through before adding them to bath bombs, bath salts and bath milks.

I use it in homemade deodorants also.

It is a fantastic moisture absorber, so it's good for mixing your FOs and EOs through before adding them to bath bombs, bath salts and bath milks.

Do you think it will help keep from ending up with a colored ring in my tub if I use an oil in my bath bombs? I love the feel, but hate the mess!

Do you think it will help keep from ending up with a colored ring in my tub if I use an oil in my bath bombs? I love the feel, but hate the mess!

I have no idea if the powder will work, but poly 80 does a good job of emulsifying your oils into the water instead of the tub sides. It changes the feel of the water itself.

Can anyone tell me what I planned to do with a pound of tapioca starch?? I knew what I needed it for when I ordered it, but now that it's here, I have no idea why I bought it. Please tell me I'm not the only one who has done something this scatterbrained! And PLEASE tell me what I can do with 16oz of tapioca starch!
Where did you order this from. I like the idea of subbing for corn starch in bath bombs.

Which store did you see/buy it at? Mine didn't carry it!

I've seen it at Meijer and Kroger...I think it's the Bob's Red Mill brand in a bag with the organic stuff. The bulk store is just called Bulk Food. It's the only one I've seen in years by me. I get Sugar, Flour, spices etc there for a decent price.

I bought mine on Amazon. Honestly, I didn't do any price checking to see if I could get it cheaper someplace else. We NEVER have unusual items like that in my local store, and with my Prime membership, Amazon is just my first go to lol

I have no idea if the powder will work, but poly 80 does a good job of emulsifying your oils into the water instead of the tub sides. It changes the feel of the water itself.
I was wondering about the poly 80. I planned on doing an experiment trying different things and see how they turned out. My daughter is a very willing test subject when it comes to bath bombs lol :lol:

Does it act the same as the corn starch? I mean like, the working with it and forming the bath bomb balls? Are the benefits to skin the same?
I imagine it would work very similar. I've not used it in bath bombs so not sure. I did use both in bubble bars and it worked fine.

Back