Who's thinking fall?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tabitha

Reaction score
OK, I ordered a bunch of sample sizes from SOS last night for fall & for a tropical project I am working on. Who else is thinking fall?

Candy Corn
Gingerbread Spice
Midnight Pomegrante
Sensual Amber
Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin
Sweet Pumpkin Pie
Candied Apples
Cherry J Rancher
Grape

Fuzzy Navel
Kahlua
Sex On The Beach
Exotic Seabreeze
Pina Colada
Coconut Lemongrass
Avon by the Sea

I did not know before last night that if you see a poor review (1-2stars) at SOS they will send you a free sample, limit 4 per visit. The grape, sweet pumpkin, avon by the sea & pina colada were my freebies!

I'm still trying to get rid of fragrances I have now! I won't be thinking about new fragrances until after christmas!

Ohhh! Let us know how the Cherry Jolly Rancher smells!!

I'll be ordering my Fall scents in July, Gingerbread and Pumpkin being staples!!

. Make sure to write reviews of the FO's! :D

I know what you mean, I shouldn't have bought these either. I went 6 months w/o fragrance purchases for that very reason, but I guess I have fallen off the wagon :? !

Maybe we should swap some so we will be getting new scents w/o the expense.

Honestly, we should start a scent swapping thread!

If no one else does, I will tomorrow after lunch. I have morning errands.

I would but some scents I'm throwing out because although they still smell good its going to be a year now. Don't they expire in a year? I usually only get 4 ounces and once I'm done buy another. That way I don't waste any but I had the bright idea to buy 8 oz because it was cheaper. I'll never do that again.

Maybe we should swap some so we will be getting new scents w/o the expense.

Honestly, we should start a scent swapping thread!

If no one else does, I will tomorrow after lunch. I have morning errands.

I don't think I saw a thread for fragrance swap yet... I think it'd be a great idea too....

I would but some scents I'm throwing out because although they still smell good its going to be a year now. Don't they expire in a year?

From what I read, I think some can fade, but others can still hold. I can't tell from experience, since I haven't been soaping for that long, so all my FOs are under a year old :p

They say you should throw them out after a year. I actualy have a plumeria that smells better after about a year. I buy it & just hang onto it untill it ages. Some of my staple scents I buy in bulk & use waaaaaaaaaay down the road & they are still premium!

I have a rose FO that is close to 4 years old now. :shock: I only have a few ounces, but it smells as good as the day I got it. I was making candles back then, but it was skin safe.

Paul

Really? I have some scents that yes still smell good but assumed that I couldn't use it any longer. Hmm I will have to give them a good whiff and see! Thanks guys!

I recently got my stuff in from Backwoods
Pumpkin Cornbread
Spiced Wassail
Cranberry Spice
Fall Harvest
Sandalwood Cardamon

I also have some Nag Champa coming in from a coop

pepperi27 said:
I would but some scents I'm throwing out because although they still smell good its going to be a year now. Don't they expire in a year? I usually only get 4 ounces and once I'm done buy another. That way I don't waste any but I had the bright idea to buy 8 oz because it was cheaper. I'll never do that again.

Older scents doesn't necessarily mean that that they are no longer useful.

Have you tried your hand at incense sticks or cones? The scents might be old to you,but they can still be used.

I'm making several batches today,with scents that I really don't have enough of for a complete candle set.They really do compliment each other.

Some scents like Patchouli get better with age,my bottle is 5 years old.It's smells sooo much better today then it did when I first bought it.

Munky.

Back