Wholesaling vs Consignment aka How do I do this?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusti

Reaction score
I have been approached by a massage therapist opening her own spa/clinic and she's looking for items to include in her shop beyond just offering massage services. She says she wants to cover the whole mind/body/spirit thing.

We know each other from doing comic cons together and she wanted to start with asking me since I'm right there and we see each other regularly through the year. Neither one of us knows what we're doing and we both acknowledge that. I think she's more interested in wholesale than consignment, but where would we start? Does anyone have some resources I could read and share with her so we can work this out together? We are both definitely interested in a contract, but we're also both bumbling and don't know where to start!

Contracts for where you are is beyond what I'll try to get in to, but I am sure that a local trade organisation can point you in the right direction.

But of the two methods of sale, I would prefer wholesale. Consignment is basically you leaving stock with her for her to sell, and she'll give you the wholesale price for each bar that she sells at certain intervals and if anything happens to the bars before they are sold, it's on you as they still belong to you. This puts more risk on you than wholesale does, where she pays you up front for all the bars and then sells them herself - if anything happens to the bars it's on her because they belong to her.

Latest posts

Back