wholesalesuppliesplus.com -Oils for CP- which are the best?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lane

Reaction score
I have been using oils mainly from Bramble Berry, with much success, but it seems their line is a bit limited. I've have read TONS here about wholesalesuppliesplus.com, and I went to their site and looked around. How do you know which FO's are the best/strongest/flash point# for Cold Process?

If you order your FO's for COLD PROCESS from this site, could you please tell me which oils were the best for you? I am mainly concerned with how strong the scent is and how well it goes through gel phase w/o "burning off"

Thanks!!!

You can click on each scent & read the customer reveiews for them. They are VERY helpful!

I use tons of their scents but not for CP so I can't help there.

i just placed an order, I ordered 2 bottles FOs: Beneath the Stars and Blooming Tulips, they both have a great reviews. I should get my order Monday, I will keep u update.

I have blooming tulips. I am not a floral scent person (though I worked as a floarl designer for 10 years) and this is a great green, fresh tulip scent!

I have blooming tulips. I am not a floral scent person (though I worked as a floarl designer for 10 years) and this is a great green, fresh tulip scent!

Good to know. Last time I bought some chocolate FO from somewhere else, I made my 1st HP coffee soap with it. My hubby said it made the whole house smell bad. I gave a soap to my mother-in-law, she said the same thing. I don't think I will use that chocolate fo again.

:shock:

I don't use FO's but buy a lot of EO from them. The customer ratings on each have been dead on so far.

Just received the FO today, I haven't used them yet, just smell out of the bottles.

Blooming Tulips:
I love it, very fresh and mild floral smell, smell like real flowers, not like some fake and cheap floral fragrance. I can't wait to try on the soaps.

Beneath the stars:
I love it, and my hubby loves it too. Smell kind of sweet and it is a little stronger than Blooming Tulips. Since my hubby loves it, so I believe it will be a great scent for guys and women.

wsp was the first supplier and my main one for a very line time back in the day when i did mp soaps.

since doing cp for over 8 years i've found that i like them for some things and not so much cp. the reviews are mostly related to b&b products, mp or candles more so then cp soaping.

not that i still don't use them for some things i have found other suppliers with excellent fo and some of they beat wsp prices both in cost and shipping. what a wonderful world it would be if we could find a one stop shopping supplier for all our soaping needs

whispering mist: is excellent in cp, easy to soap and the scent sticks ( at least i hope so i can't keep it in stock long ). no a, i color mine with a mica so can't say about discoloration.

mango sorbet: soaps easily, mine discolors to tan.

cucumber cantaloupe: soaps easily, base stays off white. scent fades out over time.

so much of soap may be hit and miss, others may use the same fo and not have the same results. soaping method, oils, temp, gelling or not gelling all
effect the outcome.

this might save you some headaches and money in the long run, but i get 1 or 2 oz of a fragrance oil to start with, do a test batch and keep notes. that way if the scent isn't something you like, it seizes, or changes after soaping it into something completely different from the bottle you don't have any frag oil left that may just sit on the shelf never to be used again.

happy soaping
barb

Just order more FO and EO from them.

FO:
Calming Water
Cucumber Mint
Mango Papaya
Citrus Cilantro
Love Spell

I can't wait to try them out.

I get my order in on Fridaaaaaay. Ugh this week has taken FOREVER!
The FOs I got are:

Apple Orchard
Juicy Cherry
Cool Water
Fresh Cut Grass
Lilac in Bloom
Pumpkin Pie
Lemon Lavender
And Lavender EO.

They will ALL be used in CP and a few will be used in palm wax for tarts...
I like that WSP has reviews but I wish the reviewers stated what kind of soap they used it in...

*crosses fingers*

I ordered some FO's from them and just got them in the mail yesterday. I got Fresh Cut Grass too! It smells nice. They all smell great in the bottle. And I read through all of the reviews before I bought any to see what the general consensus was.

I also got: Dirt, Crackling Fire (smells like vetiver eo), Apple Butter, Dreamsicle (smells just like the icecream bar), and some others. I'll let you know how mine turn out! and did you see that they have a sister site: fragranceandflavors.com with free ship over $50.

Now, my question is....I emailed them and about whether their max % recommendations are by % weight and they emailed back and said fluid volume. I didn't know if they meant they were sold by fluid volume....because I am trying to figure out how much to use! In both soap and soy candles. On this site everyone seems to suggest by weight...

Just soap with Mango Papaya today, at 0.75oz ppo. Very nice scent.

My hubby said our kitchen hasn't smelled that good for long time. :oops:

He also said it is the best scent I ever soap.

I just hope the scent will stick.

their mango peach, did not fair well in cp.

i soaped a small 2# batch using room temp everything and it seperated on me in the mold, i spent 1.5 hours hping it on the stove top to get it to stay together, i unmolded it yesterday, nasty smelling, it has a sharp note that just bites your nose.

i know it was the fragrance oil as the unscented soap i used to swirl with was ok.
barb

NameThatCandy said:
I am interested in Lemon Lavender, Fresh Cut Grass and Dreamsicles.

Pls keep me update!!

:)
Lemon Lavender is STRONG, it moves fast, but it is workable. (RTCP, 36% soilution)

Fresh Cut grass smells JUST like grass!! It also moves fast, but if you use NO water discount, it is pretty well behaved. (RTCP 30% solution)

Lemon Lavender is STRONG, it moves fast, but it is workable. (RTCP, 36% soilution)

Fresh Cut grass smells JUST like grass!! It also moves fast, but if you use NO water discount, it is pretty well behaved. (RTCP 30% solution)

Thanks Lane.

How much FO did use? 0.7oz ppo?

About .8- 1 ounce per pound of oils. The Grass one seems to be fading a bit tho, so I use use 1 oz rather than .8.

Be ready to work FAST, I have ONLY been able to get WSP oils to work doing Low temp/RTCP with NO water discount...

I've soaped Beneath the Stars.
I didn't like it OOB but the scent turned out really nice soaped.
I used 0.7oz PPO but it's light, I'd go 1oz PPO on next time. I hope the scent sticks.

Back