wholesalesuppliesplus.com -Oils for CP- which are the best?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GrumpyOldWoman said:
I've soaped Beneath the Stars.
I didn't like it OOB but the scent turned out really nice soaped.
I used 0.7oz PPO but it's light, I'd go 1oz PPO on next time. I hope the scent sticks.
I am finding that I cant use any less than 1oz PPO or the scents just fade.

I also tried Beneath the stars, but I only used 0.5 ppo, I soaped about 3 weeks ago. The scent is fading a lot, I can still smell it, but very very light.

However, "Blooming tulips" sticks pretty well so far, I used only 0.5 ppo, I soaped it also about 3 weeks ago.

"Mango papaya" is very strong scent, i used 0.75 ppo, it is about 2 weeks old, the scent is still strong and nice.

I have been reading good things about the Mango Papaya! I will HAVE to try that next time!

Just tried Citrus Cilantro FO today.

Smell great, very clean and fresh scent, great for spring. It is my new favorite FO from WSP. Hope the scent sticks.

How much did you use per pound of oil? I am trying to put together a little list of "try" FOs and I think someone mentioned that scent about two weeks ago!

Just Update for "Beneath the Stars".

After 4 weeks cure, the scent is fade a little, but i can still smell the scent. Very light and pleasant. I only used 0.5 ppo, so next time I will use maybe 0.75 ppo, coz I like a little bit strong.

So far, very impressed with the result.

Awesome! I am finding that as my soaps cure, they build up a hard shell that pretty much has very little scent, If I cut the bar in half, BOOM!!! Lotsa good smells!!

About the scents being inside? Pretty much all of them! :D But I HAVE to use 1oz ppo with WSP. I have been having much better luck with BrambleBerry Oils. On Fridays, I am going to buy a bunch of Peak's and see hoe well those work.

Lane,

little out of topics, I have questions about Brambleberry FOs, usually how much ppo do you use? In their website, it said 0.5oz per pound of finished soaps. I am kind of confused about that. I always want to try them.

I use about .7 ounce per pound of oil. I make batches using 30 ounces of oil...So usually use 1.4 ounces of oil and they work great!! Their Gardenia is so strong I can use only one ounce for 30 ounces of oil!!

With WSP though, I have been using about 1.9 to 2 ounces of FO (for a thirty ounce oil batch), which comes out to a pinch more than an ounce per pound of oil, but it's the only way I can get the scent strong enough.

Latest posts

Back