Wholesale supplies price increase in mostly everything

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well I guess I better get looking then Like I said I haven’t been making soap
Long so I’m not really sure where to begin especially with my colorant as I usually use the mica color bars from WSP. I’ll check out natures garden for my oils though thank u ..my profits will defiantly suffer with WSP thanks for confirming I’m NOT CRAZY lol
Nurture Soap and Micas and more are great for micas. All stable in CP and beautiful. I get quite a few FOs from NG. Micas and more have some as well as Nurture. Other places to check are Fragrance Buddy, Fragrance Lab, Aztec etc.

I love their bamboo lotus and it's up to $40 a pound, anybody know of a decent replacement? I've stopped trying out their FOs due to their pricing. (I also wrote a polite but negative review on a FO they did not publish) :smallshrug:

I will be needing to possibly find replacements for WSP Tobacco & Amber, Nag Champa, Frank & Myrrh and Maybe the Driftwood & Sea Salt, which I have not soaped yet. At $7 per bar it is getting hard to make a profit. :(

Wsp will end up being a past thing I'd the prices don't come down.
NG and BCN are the 2 I use the most. Mainly due to price and so far NG has very good behaving FO's and the reviews make them the most reliable. WSP takes off bad reviews so I won't buy from them. I mainly get their boxes because they own Crafters choice now.
For most, a $8.00 bar of soap is a splurge. I want people to use mine all the time so I need a company that understands this concept

I will be needing to possibly find replacements for WSP Tobacco & Amber, Nag Champa, Frank & Myrrh and Maybe the Driftwood & Sea Salt,
I will also be looking for a new Nag Champa, so I'll keep you posted on what I find.
Frank & Myrrh - so far I am really liking BCN, it soaped well, but it doesn't have the powdery vanilla of WSP EO/FO blend, it's very medicinal herby like true EO's, although a week into the cure and some of the medicinal edge is fading.
Sea Salt & Driftwood BCN has a new FO of the same name, but it has not been rated or tested for CP yet. I'm keeping my eye on it as it is a household favorite.

If anyone hears of a men's Ed Hardy dupe please let me know! It's my husband's favorite that I only make for him, but WSP has outpriced my love for him (haha) and the Sea Salt Driftwood is his other go-to, so I should be able to keep him happy for awhile.

Not trying to defend WSP or anything, but the new FO's ($90/lb) are all "Natural" FOs & are not even recommended for CP soap.
I still have not tried NG. I guess I should check them out. But, I find with prices as low as theirs, the scents all kinda smell the same and aren't as complex. Anyone else find this to be true? Or am I becoming an FO snob? Lol :oops:

I think NG has a lot of similar scents (some of their tropical themed scents all sound the same to me) but everything I have ordered so far has been distinctly different from anything else I have in the same scent family.
upload_2019-9-4_11-23-56.png

I'm not sure how much more complex you need (above is one of my personal favorites), but they do seem to have a nice balance of complex fragrances as well as straight up fragrances that are more blendable to customize your own scents.

They have some FOs that I don't know how to do without. One is Frankincense & Myrrh. My customers love it. But now it's $65. for 16 oz. That's just an awful lot plus it's U.S $$
Does anyone know of another good one?
I like Frank & Myrrh from Pure Fragrance oil (but I did not see it on their new website) and I love the one from Soapmaking with Lisa (https://soapmakingfragrance.com/)

@amd I got a sniffie from BNC on the F&M and I am not that thrilled with it. Not what I was thinking it would smell like. I can't even make out the Frankincense in it. :(

@amd I got a sniffie from BNC on the F&M and I am not that thrilled with it. Not what I was thinking it would smell like. I can't even make out the Frankincense in it. :(
Look at the link in Ktaggard's post. I am considering that one. If you read about it, it says "you won't be disappointed." I know another very good one in Canada is from K & W Specialties. But has phthalates. And they are going out of business end of 2019.

Look at the link in Ktaggard's post. I am considering that one. If you read about it, it says "you won't be disappointed." I know another very good one in Canada is from K & W Specialties. But has phthalates. And they are going out of business end of 2019.
Thanks, but I was looking for something a bit different. I had talked with AMD before about it. :)

I love their bamboo lotus and it's up to $40 a pound, anybody know of a decent replacement? I've stopped trying out their FOs due to their pricing. (I also wrote a polite but negative review on a FO they did not publish) :smallshrug:
That’s very disappointing to hear that they are not publishing ALL posts.

Back