Wholesale supplies price increase in mostly everything

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
is anyone else confused by the incredible price increase of wholesale supplies????does anyone know whats happening and why is everything double the price OR MORE???

What has doubled? Some FO's has increased in price, such as Nag Champa which went up $5 recently. It could be due to shipping prices going up and /or manufacturing cost going up. I see nothing that has actually doubled in price.

As for shipping, shipping is not free it is figured into the cost of each item.

The color bars have . And a lot of the fragrances I normally use But the color bars especially went from $4.95 a clamshell to $9.25 a clamshell

Wholesale supplies plus ....

Last edited by a moderator:
I have found that they have outpriced quite a few of their products. I always compare before buying. I keep a running list of my most frequently used products. FO, oils jars etc.

They have some FOs that I don't know how to do without. One is Frankincense & Myrrh. My customers love it. But now it's $65. for 16 oz. That's just an awful lot plus it's U.S $$
Does anyone know of another good one?

They have some FOs that I don't know how to do without. One is Frankincense & Myrrh. My customers love it. But now it's $65. for 16 oz. That's just an awful lot plus it's U.S $$
Does anyone know of another good one?
OUCH guess I won't be buying it from them. I do find their FO's a bit on the high side

I am fairly new to soap making and I have always used mostly wholesale supplies plus so I know how their products work and like them but I’d be willing to learn how some other products work , like the mica color bars ... but I haven’t found any similar for a better price .... maybe they come from China .i called to ask about the increased price and the lady was so nice .. she said they company they buy their supplies from has hiked the price that much and they are actively looking to buy elsewhere but won’t sacrifice quality, which I appreciate so I placed an order half the color bars I usually order ... sorry about your frankincense and myrrh,, I wish I could help ...

I will take back what I said above. I was just looking at some of their new Fo's and some are $90 per lb. She is going to play around and price herself out of business. Yep, even the big guys can bankrupt themselves. Thankfully I only use a handful of her fo's and really dislike WSP.

I have noticed the price increase as well. I like Nature's Garden more and more. I am fortunate that I can drive to WSP and avoid the handling fee and delivery wait but the price increases are a bit much.

At $90 per lb, it would cost me $1.70 per bar just for fragrance. With my 10% market fee per bar, and cc fee I am now down 2.59 per bar. Adding in packaging, supplies, gas to get to the show, utilities, and insurance, how much do we think would be left for profit. I would now be somewhere around $2.00 profit from a 7.00 bar of soap. My bars cost in the range of $2 per bar to make, of course, some more some slightly less.

I agree, she will be quickly running herself out of business. When I first started buying from WSP 4 years ago, the Sea Salt & Driftwood fragrance was $21/lb. Now it is $40/lb. Even the inexpensive FO's that used to be 12-13/lb are now over 20/lb. So far I have been able to find good replacements for almost all of the FO's that I used to buy from them, but there are a few (Tabac and Leather is the first one that comes to mind) that I can't find replacements for. At the moment I have been using WSP only for supplies that I can't find anywhere else (last week I had to order SCI noodles as I couldn't find them in stock at other trusted suppliers). I will say that they have stepped up their order processing and shipping game as I received my order in less than a week, but so does NG. Even paying shipping on NG orders, the FO's are still half the price of WSP. I am so glad that I started looking for new suppliers last year, I would be hurting this year if I were relying on WSP only.

well I guess I better get looking then Like I said I haven’t been making soap
Long so I’m not really sure where to begin especially with my colorant as I usually use the mica color bars from WSP. I’ll check out natures garden for my oils though thank u ..my profits will defiantly suffer with WSP thanks for confirming I’m NOT CRAZY lol

As long as the few fragrances I do use from WSP stay under $40 I will continue to buy them, but after that, I will shop around. I have never found a better Nag Champa, but let's face it I sell to make money not give away.

Some if not all fragrance manufacturers have gone up in price or minimum quantities. I am looking at you DB, which went up in min quantities and price that last time it was made. But ninety dollars a pound is excessive for fragrance.

I think their prices are inflated b/c they have sales so often. IMO, their non-sale prices are usually higher than Brambleberry, but their sale prices are usually a bit lower than BB plus they have the free shipping.

well I guess I better get looking then Like I said I haven’t been making soap
Long so I’m not really sure where to begin especially with my colorant as I usually use the mica color bars from WSP. I’ll check out natures garden for my oils though thank u ..my profits will defiantly suffer with WSP thanks for confirming I’m NOT CRAZY lol
I like MadMicas. They have great customer service and quick shipping.

Latest posts

Back