Wholesale Supplies Plus shipping delays

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, I placed an order Aug 3rd and they didn't ship it until Aug 19th!
AND...it seems that they put a time limit on adding things to your order while it's in 'pending' status to avoid an additional handling fee. I've used the "add to current order" option many times to take advantage of items that went on sale/things I forgot after placing my original order, but I tried to add a couple of items on Aug 10th and there was no "add to current order" option when I went to check out even though my current order was still 'pending'.
I found out the hard way that IF that option doesn't appear (and you request that the items be shipped with your original pending order in the notes) then you will STILL get charged for another handling fee even though both orders arrived in the same box!! I complained to customer service but no dice.
Yes, I tried and tried to do an add on to pending. Even wrote a note. Still got charged a second time… unfortunately it’s where I buy Shea and cocoa butter when it’s on sale.. any ideas? It’ll be December before I get them I’m afraid…

I really think everyone has to think about what Raven mentioned above because it is very true, all companies are running short on employees. Hopefully, most states have cut off the unemployment extensions like CA has forcing people to seek jobs. I would say 75% of the businesses around us are advertising for help. Are they all ideal jobs, maybe not but many do pay more than unemployment was paying many times. So until companies can fully staff again they will not get running back the way they did before. I have the same problem ordering from reptile suppliers, they average sending products 3 weeks after ordering and most products cannot be purchased at local stores.

Many years ago I stopped using WSP because of product shortage reasons but went back to using them about 6 years ago. If you doubt their customer service please read through this thread, and you will find how fantastic their customer service really is now. I am sure they are as frustrated as many companies are at this time. I have to wait 11-12 months to have my house built which usually takes less than 1 month, the factory cannot get employees or supplies. B&B WSP Customer Service
I just read this after I posted my frustration. I’m sure you’re right. We’ve been talking a lot about this in our family. Instead of the Great Depression it’s being called the Great Resignation— and it’s not just in the states.. seems world wide..

I placed an order with WSP on 9/11. I received a notice that it is shipped yesterday afternoon. Right now the banner at the top of their website says processing is currently 8-10 business days. So - pretty accurate as far as that goes. I've learned that I can't wait until I am running very low on something to order from WSP, and I can expect it to take at least 3 weeks before I receive it.

On another note, I placed an order from Nurture on Tuesday afternoon. It was delivered yesterday. The banner on their website says current processing is 3 business days. Which means I received the order before their stated processing time was reached. I love that company!

I just read this after I posted my frustration. I’m sure you’re right. We’ve been talking a lot about this in our family. Instead of the Great Depression it’s being called the Great Resignation— and it’s not just in the states.. seems world wide..

Well I don't blame the people not working for not working in the conditions that I witness every time I go inside of just about any establishment around the country (not just my own state). If I am reluctant to enter a place of business where a large percentage of people inside are either not masked at all or not wearing their masks properly even when masked, and even some of the employees among these are masked improperly, how can I blame a prospective employee for not wanting to risk their own health working in such an establishment? Especially in states where mask mandates are being forbidden or challenged in the courts or just plain being boycotted? Nor would I blame them when I hear about employees who remind customers to wear a mask getting attacked by the public, for being reluctant to enter back into the fray.

Well, I just ordered some WSP Nag Champa. It's been in my cart for a couple of months or more since it was last on sale and they were out of stock. So I decided to order & hope to receive this highly recommended FO. I am in no rush. I just hope it comes when either my husband or I is at home. That's my only concern with unreliable delivery dates. Having stuff delivered while out of town is a major annoyance. Recently, my husband reminded me that I could ask my son to stop by & p/u an untimely delivery and hold it for me at his house; I had not even thought of that on my own. I keep forgetting he lives in town now & I could ask HIM for a favor once in awhile. :rolleyes:

I really think everyone has to think about what Raven mentioned above because it is very true, all companies are running short on employees. Hopefully, most states have cut off the unemployment extensions like CA has forcing people to seek jobs. I would say 75% of the businesses around us are advertising for help. Are they all ideal jobs, maybe not but many do pay more than unemployment was paying many times. So until companies can fully staff again they will not get running back the way they did before. I have the same problem ordering from reptile suppliers, they average sending products 3 weeks after ordering and most products cannot be purchased at local stores.

Many years ago I stopped using WSP because of product shortage reasons but went back to using them about 6 years ago. If you doubt their customer service please read through this thread, and you will find how fantastic their customer service really is now. I am sure they are as frustrated as many companies are at this time. I have to wait 11-12 months to have my house built which usually takes less than 1 month, the factory cannot get employees or supplies. B&B WSP Customer Service
The thread you reference is over a year old and based on what others are saying it would seem their customer service has deteriorated since then. And, side note, the order they promised would be “expedited” and would be sent yesterday or today has not been shipped, and when I go to their website to try to get info it says I have no order history.

Updated rant
August 8 ordered some items
August 9 ordered additional items asked if orders could be combined but didn’t get a response.
August 21 emailed to inquire about order status. (Saturday) and asked again if the orders could be combined.
August 23 received an email back, said orders would be shipped right away, couldn’t be combined.
August 24 received tracking for August 8 order. Tracking info said two of the three items I ordered were backordered. No notice before then. Asked when they would be shipped, response was “around September 8”
August 25 received tracking for August 9 order.
September 14 asked if they had an updated shipping date.
September 16 heard back that they anticipated they would be shipped by September 19.
September 21 asked for another update.
September 21 heard back by email “Can you tell me who emailed you concerning the dates you were given, or was it a generic email?” (Um… what?)
September 21 forwarded the email chain of the above.
September 22 asked for another update.
September 23 heard back that they do not have ETA dates for the back ordered items. 😑
September 23 (ten minutes later) heard back that the orders are in stock and should ship tomorrow or Saturday, that they are now on an “expedited list.”
September 25, no shipping notice. A log in to the WSP website reveals that I have “no order history”
211DA72C-1886-4CDA-A28A-C5FE4DF2AAAC.jpeg

Soooo… on the sept 11th I placed an order from Nurture and found some hemp oil on Makeyourown.buzz and was so disappointed when I saw my payment was to WSP! I forgot it was one of the companies they bought. I’ve had my NS order for about a week and today(2 weeks later) I get an email from makeyourown.buzz thanking me for placing my order! So does that mean my lead time starts today? So they won’t ship my order for another 2 weeks!?!?! I’m never gonna be able to make my Honey & Hemp soap!
What’s the word on Soaper’s Choice? Someon on One of my Facebook groups was complaining about WSP and mentioned them. I found it interesting that they had Lard and Tallow both $30 for 30 pounds. Shipping must be outrageous….

Soooo… on the sept 11th I placed an order from Nurture and found some hemp oil on Makeyourown.buzz and was so disappointed when I saw my payment was to WSP! I forgot it was one of the companies they bought. I’ve had my NS order for about a week and today(2 weeks later) I get an email from makeyourown.buzz thanking me for placing my order! So does that mean my lead time starts today? So they won’t ship my order for another 2 weeks!?!?! I’m never gonna be able to make my Honey & Hemp soap!
What’s the word on Soaper’s Choice? Someon on One of my Facebook groups was complaining about WSP and mentioned them. I found it interesting that they had Lard and Tallow both $30 for 30 pounds. Shipping must be outrageous….
Have you ever ordered from Webstaurant.com? I really like them. Their shipping is always really fast, website easy to navigate, and they let you know when something is out of stock. Looks like they have lard, but not tallow. 5 gallon bucket for $58.

The thread you reference is over a year old and based on what others are saying it would seem their customer service has deteriorated since then. And, side note, the order they promised would be “expedited” and would be sent yesterday or today has not been shipped, and when I go to their website to try to get info it says I have no order history.
I am very aware of how old the thread is I referenced since it is my thread. The point is I have dealt and not dealt with WSP for many years and their customer service has varied considerably but did highly improve. Right now customer service and shipping are really bad with many suppliers be it bath and body or other suppliers, in today's world we have to be patient. Sadly it is what it is. I have paid to have expensive lights expedited that I needed to cages to receive them 1.5 months later, and all the company does is apologize. I have learned to not pay extra to expedite shipping.

I am just glad I decided to retire from selling so I do not have to put up with the supply chain frustration.

I am very aware of how old the thread is I referenced since it is my thread. The point is I have dealt and not dealt with WSP for many years and their customer service has varied considerably but did highly improve. Right now customer service and shipping are really bad with many suppliers be it bath and body or other suppliers, in today's world we have to be patient. Sadly it is what it is. I have paid to have expensive lights expedited that I needed to cages to receive them 1.5 months later, and all the company does is apologize. I have learned to not pay extra to expedite shipping.

I am just glad I decided to retire from selling so I do not have to put up with the supply chain frustration.
Point taken. Maybe with their recent acquisitions WSP has gotten so big that they are not staying organized. The lack of information when ordering that something is out of stock, the repeated broken delivery promises, the customer service person asking me who emailed me from their own company, all sound like internal communication failures, like they have no (or terrible) systems for order fulfillment. Some companies, like Webstaurant.com, New Directions Aromatics, Nurture Soap, to name just a few, have remained reliable. Don’t know what the difference is. My bossy know-it-all self wants to get in there and straighten them out, because I’m sure it’s not malicious incompetence.

I am very pleased with Soaper's Choice and use them primarily for oils that I cannot buy in grocery stores or Costco. Shipping prices are easy to check by putting things in your cart & go to checkout without having to pay for anything until you finalize your order. You can adjust your cart as many times as you want to check shipping prices and get the best bang for your buck. Keep in mind that purchasing a single 7-lb container of oils will cost the same or close to the same in shipping as 4 containers of the same size, so bulk ordering tends to be more cost effective and lowers your bottom-line cost. For me, shipping is reasonably inexpensive (I live in the same state) and VERY FAST. I usually get my order the next day if I order early on a business day. Of course to Florida, shipping would be a bit more costly, and probably take a tad longer, but I do highly recommend them.

I finally got my order yesterday. Everything perfect. People have made great points about the supply chain and having trouble finding enough employees. I didn't know wsp took over makeyourown that's a bummer.

I am extremely frustrated with WSP. In addition to the long lead times, they have been making mistakes on every single order I place with them. Yesterday they shorted me 36 caps (no note, no nothing). Two orders ago they shorted me 200 bottles (without even a backorder/out of stock note!). They have been good so far with fixing the mistakes...but I'm really not sure how long I can put up with these issues. I have several fragrances from them that I love, but I may start looking elsewhere for packaging especially.

Updated rant
August 8 ordered some items
August 9 ordered additional items asked if orders could be combined but didn’t get a response.
August 21 emailed to inquire about order status. (Saturday) and asked again if the orders could be combined.
August 23 received an email back, said orders would be shipped right away, couldn’t be combined.
August 24 received tracking for August 8 order. Tracking info said two of the three items I ordered were backordered. No notice before then. Asked when they would be shipped, response was “around September 8”
August 25 received tracking for August 9 order.
September 14 asked if they had an updated shipping date.
September 16 heard back that they anticipated they would be shipped by September 19.
September 21 asked for another update.
September 21 heard back by email “Can you tell me who emailed you concerning the dates you were given, or was it a generic email?” (Um… what?)
September 21 forwarded the email chain of the above.
September 22 asked for another update.
September 23 heard back that they do not have ETA dates for the back ordered items. 😑
September 23 (ten minutes later) heard back that the orders are in stock and should ship tomorrow or Saturday, that they are now on an “expedited list.”
September 25, no shipping notice. A log in to the WSP website reveals that I have “no order history”
View attachment 61199
Wow' unfortunate you've waited so long' If I were you i'd look for another supplier to lay down your roots with.

What I try to do is shop my standard fats & oils locally where you can run & pick up quickly. Smart & Final' Big lots' Costco's most of them carry Lard, Tallow, Coconut oil to name a few usually for a better price opposed to mail order & shipping fee's. Amazon is wonderful on free shipping & on time too.

I placed an order with WSP last night I wanted to try ROE and well I love their kits if I wanna try out a new B&B product. Plus I just went Willy nilly through the additives and ordered a few things I found interesting and useful! I do like WSP, I just get anxious ordering from them. That is a me problem, impatient, I think!
and I got my order from makeyourown.buzz last night. That was exciting! 🤞😀🙂

I placed an order with WSP last night I wanted to try ROE and well I love their kits if I wanna try out a new B&B product. Plus I just went Willy nilly through the additives and ordered a few things I found interesting and useful! I do like WSP, I just get anxious ordering from them. That is a me problem, impatient, I think!
and I got my order from makeyourown.buzz last night. That was exciting! 🤞😀🙂
Yes I can’t handle the babysitting that seems to be required. Makeyourown.buzz = WSP, you know that, right?

What I try to do is shop my standard fats & oils locally where you can run & pick up quickly. Smart & Final' Big lots' Costco's most of them carry Lard, Tallow, Coconut oil to name a few usually for a better price opposed to mail order & shipping fee's. Amazon is wonderful on free shipping & on time too.
Yes - I do the same. @AliOop turned me on to Big Lots for coconut oil - with free shipping and frequent discounts there is no less expensive source. I was buying sodium lactate, shea butter, and cocoa butter in the order that took over six weeks, but those are all things I can buy elsewhere, like Amazon, and get in a few days.

Point taken. Maybe with their recent acquisitions WSP has gotten so big that they are not staying organized. The lack of information when ordering that something is out of stock, the repeated broken delivery promises, the customer service person asking me who emailed me from their own company, all sound like internal communication failures, like they have no (or terrible) systems for order fulfillment. Some companies, like Webstaurant.com, New Directions Aromatics, Nurture Soap, to name just a few, have remained reliable. Don’t know what the difference is. My bossy know-it-all self wants to get in there and straighten them out, because I’m sure it’s not malicious incompetence.

I've been so frustrated with WSP as of late and dearly wish several of my customer-favorite fragrances weren't reliant on their FOs. It's incredibly frustrating that they apparently have enough money to acquire all these other suppliers but not enough to address their fulfillment issues. Surely if they can afford these acquisitions, they can afford hiring bonuses and/or better wages for warehouse workers in order to bring more on board...argh.

Nearly every product I make uses Natrasorb and my most recent MYO order was horribly late, it threw off everything. :(

Latest posts

Back