Wholesale Supplies Plus shipping delays

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is so frustrating… waiting on items I ordered August 8. Last message was that I should receive shipping information by September 19 but I didn’t. I understand the “jumping the line” policy, but I would go elsewhere rather than pay extra for reasonable, normal shipping times. What is going on there?

Same. I ordered on the 5th. Said shipping on the 19th. No update. I agree with you I tried the skip the line once but why should I have to pay an extra $20 (including their handling fee) to get what would essentially be normal shipping at any other company? Gah!!! This is so frustrating! I will give them a call.

Yep, I placed an order Aug 3rd and they didn't ship it until Aug 19th!
AND...it seems that they put a time limit on adding things to your order while it's in 'pending' status to avoid an additional handling fee. I've used the "add to current order" option many times to take advantage of items that went on sale/things I forgot after placing my original order, but I tried to add a couple of items on Aug 10th and there was no "add to current order" option when I went to check out even though my current order was still 'pending'.
I found out the hard way that IF that option doesn't appear (and you request that the items be shipped with your original pending order in the notes) then you will STILL get charged for another handling fee even though both orders arrived in the same box!! I complained to customer service but no dice.

I emailed them and they forwarded it to the correct department. Suddenly today I get a shipping notice. Coincidence? I think not.

Same. I ordered on the 5th. Said shipping on the 19th. No update. I agree with you I tried the skip the line once but why should I have to pay an extra $20 (including their handling fee) to get what would essentially be normal shipping at any other company? Gah!!! This is so frustrating! I will give them a call.
I called them today but they were on their lunch hour…

Yep, I placed an order Aug 3rd and they didn't ship it until Aug 19th!
AND...it seems that they put a time limit on adding things to your order while it's in 'pending' status to avoid an additional handling fee. I've used the "add to current order" option many times to take advantage of items that went on sale/things I forgot after placing my original order, but I tried to add a couple of items on Aug 10th and there was no "add to current order" option when I went to check out even though my current order was still 'pending'.
I found out the hard way that IF that option doesn't appear (and you request that the items be shipped with your original pending order in the notes) then you will STILL get charged for another handling fee even though both orders arrived in the same box!! I complained to customer service but no dice.
I noticed that the option to add items to pending order was gone. Not happy about it, if they don’t want people to use it, why did they make it available to begin with? Or better yet, they should ship the orders so fast that people can’t make changes to it, like Nature’s Garden.

I feel their pain, no one wants to work. I don't think WSP purposely wants us to wait on our orders. I think it's the new world we live in.
Very wise statement Raven I've noticed that as well. We just renovated our floors and it was like pulling teeth to get them to work a full schedule and do the job properly. Such a surreal time we are living in.

I feel their pain, no one wants to work. I don't think WSP purposely wants us to wait on our orders. I think it's the new world we live in.
I am not sure what their motivation is - but to recap, here’s how my ordering saga went:
August 8 ordered some items
August 9 ordered additional items asked if orders could be combined but didn’t get a response.
August 21 emailed to inquire about order status. (Saturday) and asked again if the orders could be combined.
August 23 received an email back, said orders would be shipped right away, couldn’t be combined.
August 24 received tracking for August 8 order. Tracking info said two of the three items I ordered were backordered. No notice before then. Asked when they would be shipped, response was “around September 8”
August 25 received tracking for August 9 order.
September 14 asked if they had an updated shipping date.
September 16 heard back that they anticipated they would be shipped by September 19.
September 21 asked for another update.
September 21 heard back by email “Can you tell me who emailed you concerning the dates you were given, or was it a generic email?” (Um… what?)
September 21 forwarded the email chain of the above.
September 22 asked for another update.
September 23 heard back that they do not have ETA dates for the back ordered items. 😑
September 23 (ten minutes later) heard back that the orders are in stock and should ship tomorrow or Saturday, that they are now on an “expedited list.”

I am not holding my breath that shipping will happen in the next two days. (Also, if it is being expedited, maybe they could ship today?)

I don’t plan to order from them again. I don’t have time for the aggravation.

I have tried ordering from WSP several times all the way back to 5 years ago. Every order has been a problem. Either it takes weeks to ship, or they ship the wrong products. I've even been locked out of their website and had to spend several hours working with their head of IT to figure it out. I would like to use them since they stock a wide variety of products and they are within my state (I like to buy as local as possible) but can't deal with the headaches. I can order from Bulk Apothecary (still same state) and the order is typically delivered within 2 - 3 days and they have always shipped the right products.

Good to know about BA. I have only used them once or twice, and never had a problem, but for some reason, rarely think of them when looking for supplies.
The only problem with BA is they are often out of stock. However, you will know it once you try to add the product to your cart.

I have been using them for some time for my body butter containers but this is getting ridiculous. Who are you folks using in their place? I under ”Covid delays” but enough is enough.
The problem being that WSP literally has everything all under one roof. You can find stores that have individually what you need. Ebay and Amazon carry many things at relatively decent prices. Natures Garden and Brambleberry have many of the same items.

Yes, WSP has some of the oddball ingredients others might not carry but Amazon does too and Jeff Bezos could use the cash. Hardeeharhar. For carrier oils and butters I recently placed an order with JEdwards in Braintree, Mass. Their home page says that orders take one to two weeks but I received mine in under a week. Prices are good and shipping is lower for me since I’m in NH. I will go back to them for sure.
The only problem with BA is they are often out of stock. However, you will know it once you try to add the product to your cart.
Yes, helpful to know when you’re ordering if they have something in stock or not. It was extremely annoying to wait two weeks, have email communication with the company, and not know until I received my shipping notice that two out of three items were out of stock.

I have been using them for some time for my body butter containers but this is getting ridiculous. Who are you folks using in their place? I under ”Covid delays” but enough is enough.
Try USPlastics out of Lima, Ohio. They carry a wide variety and ship fast.

I really think everyone has to think about what Raven mentioned above because it is very true, all companies are running short on employees. Hopefully, most states have cut off the unemployment extensions like CA has forcing people to seek jobs. I would say 75% of the businesses around us are advertising for help. Are they all ideal jobs, maybe not but many do pay more than unemployment was paying many times. So until companies can fully staff again they will not get running back the way they did before. I have the same problem ordering from reptile suppliers, they average sending products 3 weeks after ordering and most products cannot be purchased at local stores.

Many years ago I stopped using WSP because of product shortage reasons but went back to using them about 6 years ago. If you doubt their customer service please read through this thread, and you will find how fantastic their customer service really is now. I am sure they are as frustrated as many companies are at this time. I have to wait 11-12 months to have my house built which usually takes less than 1 month, the factory cannot get employees or supplies. B&B WSP Customer Service

Latest posts

Back