whole cloves

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just finished making a soap with a pumpkin beer and pumpkin chai FO. I used Mad Mica's "Pumpkin Head" with "Satin Penny" for the bottom of the loaf and uncolored batter for the top. I tried to whip it to incorporate as much air as possible to make a frothy "foam" head for the beer, but it wasn't quite as frothy as I had hoped. Anyway, my question is: can I dot the top with a few whole cloves for decoration?

Anyway, my question is: can I dot the top with a few whole cloves for decoration?
You can, but most people do not want to have to pick out stuff from the soap before using, or have it end up in the tub and possibly down the drain...

Can you make some soap dough or M&P embeds for them? That might be better.

I would not. You would be surprised at what the public might do. Do you really want someone to use the soap without removing a clove and they end up with a big scratch. If it is in soap they will think it can be used. It is just not worth the risk

I just remembered a funny response sometime ago on here, about "bits" in soap... The reason not to use em is it could get stuck between somewhere (on his body) lol.. Use your imagination :p

Back