Who knew bath bombs were this tricky

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mj-alchemist

Reaction score
Hi my name's Nancy and I'm new here and a bit lost so please bare with me.
I really feel like glycerin will help my bath bombs being I'm in nv, but how much would I add. I'd love to hear reasons I shouldn't as well
Thanks

Glycerine is a humectant and will draw moisture. I’ve never used it in Bath bombs. We have a lot of humidity a lot of the time so I don’t need anything messing it up for me. What do your bath bombs consist of? What is your reasoning for adding it?

Glycerin actually works best in more humid areas where it will draw moisture from the air to your skin.
If its really dry where you are, the glycerin will actually draw moisture from your skin.

That being said, its not going to do anything in a bath bomb. Once you get out of the water and dry off, there won't be enough glycerin left on your skin to do anything good or bad.

Recently I made the Pumpkin spice bubbling bath truffle recipe from soap queen. It calls for 1 oz glycerin for 65 oz of total ingredients, and makes ~20 bath truffles with that recipe. I know truffles are different that bath bombs but I hope that helps if you are still trying to determine amount to use!

Latest posts

Back