Who is using safflower?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me, the shipping fees from Soaper's Choice more than double the cost of any order, making them the most expensive option with an outrageous final cost to me. It doesn't matter how much I buy, whether small amounts or large amounts. Apparently this isn't true for others who are closer to their warehouse, but it sure is for me.

Big Lots always has the most reasonably-priced CO for me, with local pickup. I can still get free shipping on orders over certain amounts, if the big jars of CO happen to be available online (often they aren't).

Costco comes in second for my CO pricing, with local pickup as well. Everything else is way higher due to shipping costs.

For me, the shipping fees from Soaper's Choice more than double the cost of any order, making them the most expensive option with an outrageous final cost to me. It doesn't matter how much I buy, whether small amounts or large amounts. Apparently this isn't true for others who are closer to their warehouse, but it sure is for me.

Big Lots always has the most reasonably-priced CO for me, with local pickup. I can still get free shipping on orders over certain amounts, if the big jars of CO happen to be available online (often they aren't).

Costco comes in second for my CO pricing, with local pickup as well. Everything else is way higher due to shipping costs.
Same for me. For all of that. I rarely buy Soaper's Choice because of it. I'd love to buy from them but their shipping costs are just way too high.

I usually get my coconut oil from Sams. It costs a bit more but it's convenient if I have to get olive oil. I've been buying only one container of olive oil at a time because it's gotten so expensive. Big Lots is out of the way for me and their coconut is an odd tan color while Sams is pure white. Big Lots is cheaper though.

@Obsidian Are you still only making a few batches a year? If so, then look for palm shortening (Spectrum makes one).
It's funny ~ I tried using Crisco as a substitute for something in a soap recipe, either lard or palm, I can't remember which, but probably lard because in my mind Crisco was supposed to be a lard type product, I just never realized it changed from way back in the day. Needless to say, that recipe didn't quite turn out as well as planned ~ but looking at the label now I see it's mostly palm products that make up Crisco. So how does one use Crisco in soap recipes? 🤔🤔🤔

I haven't even checked Soaper's Choice ~ Brambleberry gave me a heart attack when I was looking at stuff and thought I would just grab one thing real quick because it was a good price, then the shipping at checkout was $11 😳 That was a big nope for me! Turned a $4 purchase into almost $20 purchase real quick with taxes and shipping 😱

Attachments

• IMG_20231223_103911301.jpg
    IMG_20231223_103911301.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
It's funny ~ I tried using Crisco as a substitute for something in a soap recipe, either lard or palm, I can't remember which, but probably lard because in my mind Crisco was supposed to be a lard type product, I just never realized it changed from way back in the day. Needless to say, that recipe didn't quite turn out as well as planned ~ but looking at the label now I see it's mostly palm products that make up Crisco. So how does one use Crisco in soap recipes? 🤔🤔🤔
I haven't used it in years, but there was a listing for Crisco and New Crisco in the soap calc. I think I used the New listing and my soap turned out fine....meaning it was soap. But my body didn't like it, so I only made it that once. I think it was the soap making Friend's soap calc, but I would imagine it is in all soap calcs.

When I was first learning to make soap, I used Crisco. It was fine - the soap was adequate. Then I learned about adding sugar for bubbles and it made a huge difference! I also began learning about other oils and now really don’t use Crisco (although I still have some so I should probably use it up!). Nothing to write home about but there is nothing wrong with using it. It is listed on SoapCalc, as mentioned so use it and enjoy!

Back